Solved

Proceedure for swapping sims and.....

• 2 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi!

I’ll try to keep this short. I ordered a SIM card to be sent to my sister, 1100 miles from me, so that she can switch from her AT&T account to my account. I have had an extra unused number for years.
She already had her AT&T iPhone unlocked and was ready to go. Got the SIM card today, swapped cards and...nothing. I had already made arrangements with T-Mobile to add her to my account.
So what does she do first? Replace SIM cards or call T Mobile? She claims there were no instructions included with the card. And when she installed the new card, she couldn’t make a call.
Was she supposed to call T-Mobile after swapping cards? Does she dial 611.

As I type this, she’s supposedly calling T-Mobile for instructions:-) Not sure how THAT will go:-)
So I thought I should ask here.
Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by gramps28 2 October 2022, 04:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

IIRC you guys are going to have to contact them. they are going to need some info from her phone to be albe to use it on their network

Badge

Thanks. When I talked to T Mobile customer care about 8 days ago, I don’t think they gave me any instructions for her. They simply sent her a new SIM card, although, I DID give them her name and which phone number she’ll be using.
I thought that all you had to do was swap SIM cards.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

IIRC they will need the IMEI number to enter into their system along with some other info that I cant recall at the moment. but they are going to need that IMEI number

Badge

OK. I know that she has that. I kinda wish that the Customer Care rep would have given me that info when we talked. Hopefully she’ll get someone that’s helpful and they’ll get this done.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you are the primary account holder you can go to your mytmobile account and go to her line to make sure the sim card is correct.  If it isn't the correct number you can change the number from your account.

Badge

Thanks for all the replies. I had her call T Mobile last night and ask for Customer Care and 3 hours later, it was settled. Not sure why it should take that long, especially for an open line that we’ve had for years. But...it’s done.
Thanks!