Promos not honored

• 13 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I called to get info about T mobile home internet. While speaking to the agent she sent me promo for 1 free year of Appletv+ and Paramount+, a free amazon echo and a $50 gift card if I signed up for the home internet so I went for it.  After more than two months and several conversations with support I have never received any of the promos.  Support told me that I didn’t qualify for the Appletv promo unless I added a phone line. I was told I had been given the wrong Paramount promo code but two more code tries and I still get an invalid code message.  The echo promo code was invalid and no sign of the $50 gift card.  I live in a rural area where only poor satellite internet is available and it’s expensive. Since the TMobile home internet works much better and costs less than satellite I have stayed with T-Mobile but I certainly won’t buy any more of their products. So sad that they are misleading people.   

4 replies

I’m having the same problem  AAA membership code did not work, trying to get the $50 gift card and the sign in process is impossible, there was supposed to be a $200 gift card, and that has not materialized.  Also Paramount plus.  I am NOT in a rural area and have decent internet.  I haven’t tried calling, but won’t after reading this response.  

I might start putting complaints online - there were SO MANY promos when I signed up, and most are not accessible.  It would be good to know for people who are trying to make a decision between carriers and they should know most of the promos are non-existent.

Amazon not honoring 23BLINK promotional from T-Mobile. I paid for the cameras, and was told by an Amazon representative that I couldn't "get them for free." I was insulted! T-Mobile refers you to Amazon, and Amazon refers you to T-mobile. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking to the expiration date to claim your offer. Aggravated!!!

When I signed up, I was offered the 50 inch Amazon fire TV as my promo (I would get the TV 10 weeks later). Despite multiple calls, it has proved pretty much impossible to get what I was offered. The internal communication within T-Mobile needs work - on one occasion, I spoke to 4 different people on my first call - being passed on each time and starting the whole story again. Eventually, the last person concluded that I would be in the ‘10 week window’ in a further couple of weeks and all would be well.

I just called again and was told that I would not be getting the TV I was offered. 

I’ve asked them to cancel the service and I will do do that I can to warn others not to be fooled by these false offers. It seems that T-Mobile ‘Sales’ are very optimistic on offers being fantastic / compelling, but in the post delivery window, the promises evaporate - buyer beware.

Badge

I also, like the attached statement, signed up for 5g T-Mobile 50-inch Amazon Fire TV promo on T-Mobile Tuesdays. I fulfilled all the requirements of the offer. I have never received the codes that I was promised to continue the order with Amazon. My multiple chats and phone calls to customer services (a term I now use lightly) have all been similar. I have qualified for the promotion and fulfilled its requirements. I have escalated this to the proper department who will be speaking with you shortly. I am sorry this wasn't handled correctly by the previous person you spoke to. 

I am not the one to cancel my service as I do enjoy the service and the price point. However, I would hate to waste my time, filing small claims proceedings or even based on the large number of similar complaints begin the research into a class action lawsuit on something that can easily be resolved.  

Any suggestions or ideas?

When I signed up, I was offered the 50 inch Amazon fire TV as my promo (I would get the TV 10 weeks later). Despite multiple calls, it has proved pretty much impossible to get what I was offered. The internal communication within T-Mobile needs work - on one occasion, I spoke to 4 different people on my first call - being passed on each time and starting the whole story again. Eventually, the last person concluded that I would be in the ‘10 week window’ in a further couple of weeks and all would be well.

I just called again and was told that I would not be getting the TV I was offered. 

I’ve asked them to cancel the service and I will do do that I can to warn others not to be fooled by these false offers. It seems that T-Mobile ‘Sales’ are very optimistic on offers being fantastic / compelling, but in the post delivery window, the promises evaporate - buyer beware.