Quit T-Mobile after 20+years. Then things got worse.

• 8 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

After 20 (mostly happy) years with T-Mobile I finally had enough of their BS over the past 3 years and I dumped them. Why? Here’s a short list:

• Claimed my trade was lost
  • Claimed my trade was damaged (refused to provide pictures although I had video of me trading a pristine phone at the store)
  • ”accidentally” changed my plan when I added a watch
  • ”accidentally” didn’t apply the promo on another trade
  • never Fixed above problem necessitating me to call service every month for 2 years to get the monthly credit applied
  • Discontinued service with the 3g switch breaking my car, watch, and 2 phones
  • ruined my coverage in my rural area
  • and the last straw: breached my contract with the autopay method of payment scam doubling the monthly cost for my additional lines

So I quit. Ported my phones out and paid my final bill.  Then the problems started… (well I guess they never ended)

• T-Mobile claimed I kept their equipment. The item in question - a 10 year old WiFi router which never worked so it ended up in a box. So I mailed it back.
  • One of my line ports failed for some reason so they charged me an extra month of service (including making me pay them for Netflix but TMobile did not pay Netflix that month
  •  i called in to get the bill removed. They apologized and said they’d fix it. They didn’t
  •  I called and got a bill credit to offset their bogus charges. They said they applied the credit.
  •  They send me another bill with a late fee.
  •  Today they said they fixed that too.

Again 20+ years. Never a late payment. Retired military account.  

EFF T-Mobile

1 reply

Badge

That is sucks.  I am starting to get late fee as well. Autopay did not kick in and I never received mesage your autopay did not go throw. PHone did not stop service. IT is easy for them just take money for late fee. They should kiss you that you are with them for 20 years. I do not know if they even appreciate that kind of customers.