Question

Refund Not Possible

• 18 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

BACKSTORY: I purchased a new iPhone14 Pro 10/12, after being told I was eligible to receive a $350 credit toward my old iPhone 11.

Upon receiving the new phone in the mail, I was then instructed to print out a shipping label and mail my iPhone 11 to T Mobile so the $350 credit could be applied. 

When I never received the shipping label, I called the Customer Service #611 to inquire. I was told that on my account it did not show I was eligible to receive the $350 credit, that unfortunately it must have been human error made by the store attendant to mark the credit onto my account. With no worries or hesitation, the new plan was to ship the new iPhone 14 Pro back to the warehouse, and list it as a “buyers remorse”. To which they would receive the new iPhone, and would credit me back my $312.00 amount that I had paid up front for the new phone. 

TIMELINE:

-It was on October 24th when TMobile customer service representatives Rachel told me the phone would be scanned in and I would get my refund. I asked for a call back from Rachel to verify my refund had been processed. She told me “[they] received the phone at the dock, as shown in their system, and my refund would hit by Friday (October 27).” I asked for a second call back to verify my refund had processed, and never got a call back

-November 6th, I called again asking for a status on my refund. I spoke to a woman named Keisha, who then told me she would file a Handset Research Form, that would guarentee my refund back by 17 business days. She submitted it same day, and said it was like “insurance” that I would receive my refund of $312.00. That “once the form is completed, I would receive an email”. I never received an email.

-I called to check the status of the Handset Research Form on November 14. I spoke to a man named Roger, who told me I’ll get an email once the situation had been resolved, and gave me a credit for the December billing cycle since I had just paid an amount on my bill as if I still had the new phone. I told him i’d be on the look out for the email. I never received one, but did end up eventually getting a credit for my December bill that put my balance back to the original fee before I had purchased the new phone. 

-The 17 business days were up for the investigation of the Handset Research Form on November 29th.

-I called back December 4th. I spoke to a woman named Ernie, who told me the phone had been received in the warehouse on October 28th. That she was attempting to contact the warehouse to see why it had not been scanned in yet, but “wasn’t getting a response". She forwarded me to someone on the Managers Team named Leanne

Leanne told me my refund would hit 72 hours from the posted date of 12/4. She promised to call back December 7th to confirm I had received it, that she was “monitoring” my account, and there would be “no need to call back”. She was unable to clearly explain why the long delay. I never received a call back nor my refund.

-On December 7th, I called again. This time I spoke to a woman named Rochelle. She told me it would take a 1 to 2 billing cycle for my refund to be processed. I told her I was already charged one month (the amount as if I had a new iPhone), and my next payment was due on the 13th. She stated she could attempt a manual refund escalation in the form of an electronic check. I asked to speak to a Manager about this, and she connected me to Joy. No electronic check was ever made.

Joy asked for confirmation of the last four digits of my bank account number, and told me she successfuly submitted a request for the expedited refund, that I should receive within 24 hours. She promised to call me back at 4pm on 12/8 to confirm I received my refund. My reference #W4XUNSUQ would be noted about the request for refund.

-On 12/8, Joy called back to confirm. I told her I had not received it, and when she attampted to look up the status of the refund, she said there was a “system issue”, that she couldn’t view anything, and “promised” to call me back at 7pm. I never received a call

-Finally on 12/18, I called yet again. I spoke to a woman named Taylor, who connected me to somone on the Managers Team named Ashely.

Ashley was the one person who told me that UPS never scanned the package because it “was never received”, and that my claim for a refund was DENIED. I told her a number of people I’d spoken to before her told me the phone had been received October 28th in the shipping warehouse, and my refund was “processing”. She was absolutely no help. She suggested I dispute my refund with UPS or with my bank. I told her it had been since October that I had been patiently waiting, that it might be difficult to find this information for a dispute with the two outside organizations. I asked why I had been lied to countless times before this call about the package being received, and my refund being processed. She had no answers for me other than an apology. 

I asked to speak with someone higher than the managers position finally. She told me all issues could only be solved with someone on the Managers level. I told her with respect, that I still needed to talk to someone higher. She said I would receive a call within 24 to 72 hours. 

Having been told that numerous times, I will NOT expect a call back. I have NOT received my refund. I have NOT been able to purchase another new phone, and I am STILL continually being lied to, manipulated, and given the run-arround with different answers. NOTHING has been resolved and i’m at the end of my rope with patience. 

T-Mobile community, please help me. It’s Christmas, and I just want to be able to provide for myself and my family with as much of my refund expenses can help with. 

3 replies

Currently dealing with a similar situation. And I’m about to lose my mind

Same issue here. Called many times and got a new reason why the refund didn’t go through every time.

T-Mobile sucks! I feel like they don’t care about their agents and their agents’ time. It’s obvious they don’t care about their customers’ time.