return device lost

• 2 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

So this all started a couple months ago now.

I went to a T-mobile store to buy a new iphone SE, and they didn’t have it in stock so the lady said she would order one for me. She gave me a price and I asked her what the price included and she said just tax. At that point I knew T-mobile was waiving the activation fee online, so I figured they were in stores too since she said just tax. I gave her my card and told her I was going to pay in full. She told me I had to sign something before I left so while she was putting in the order I went online and checked the price in the shopping cart and it was lower (like $50 less) so I confronted her. She then told me the price she gave me included service charges. I told her to cancel the order and that I would just order it online on my own. She at first told me she can’t, then when I asked her why not, she then said she could and that I can just go at that point. I got my in car and ordered the phone online right away. BUT I got 2 order confirmations in my e-mail so I walked back in the store and told her. She said I can disregard the e-mail, so I took her word and left.

A few days later, I receive TWO phones, so I called T-mobile and told them my situation. They sent me a return label and that same day I took the phone the store ordered to UPS. Unfortunately UPS lost it, so once the tracking didn’t change for a whole week I contacted T-mobile again and even filed my own claim on UPS, which was approved within a week. UPS says I can’t get more information on the claim I filed and that the “sender” had to fill out some forms and send it back to receive the refund. Now the “sender” in their terms is the one who made the return label, which is T-mobile and their account is the one that would get the refund.

During the past 7 ish weeks I’ve called T-mobile almost every week. Every time I’m promised a return call—never called back even once. Every time the rep just wants to file a new claim as well. THE CLAIM IS IN AND APPROVED ALREADY!!!!

It’s not T-mobile’s fault the phone is lost, that’s UPS, but they REALLY need to follow through with these claims to get their customers’ money back. I already see tons of similar situations on this community. And this all started with a lie from a T-mobile store worker anyways, so I’m about to really throw furry. If this doesn’t get solved by the end of this year, it’s bye-bye for our family plan of 5.

4 replies

Badge

Same thing happened to me! 

did you get the money back eventually?  It has happened to me since October 2023 till now. I’ve been following up with T mobile.

any further advice?

Badge

No! I am so upset about all of this! I mailed it back but they didn’t receive it. At least that’s what they say. I’m about ready to get an attorney! They billed me for the entire amount and I have never used it. I kept using YouTube tv because my new T-Mobile phone turned out to be a lemon and they won’t do anything. It looks like a good many people have had the same problem. What have they told you? I would appreciate any help. Maybe we should do a class action suit! 

They asked me to file a claim with UPS.  Interestingly, UPS will ask me about the condition of the delivered package, which I clearly have no idea about.

Another interesting question I do have.  As the label is created by T mobile, wouldn’t T mobile have any insurance covered for the return package?  

What gave me a big humor was that T mobile informed me that the box was empty.  However, the proof of delivery showed the weight of the package.  This clearly suggests that the item was missing or lost during delivery or at the warehouse.  However, they said they couldn’t help, but asked me to file a claim with UPS, which goes back to the loop that I could not give any information about the missing/lost package.