Question

Return Labels for Trade-In Phones

• 20 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Beyond frustrated!  I have been to the store 3 times and have called customer service 3 times.  I simply need the return labels to ship my phones back that have been traded in.  The store refuses to take the phones saying they do not see the labels in the system.  I have access to the account and the labels are not there.  There is a link to track the shipments that takes me to USPS and says that they have been notified of a pre-shipment.  Again, no labels.  Customer Service said I would receive the labels via email and that still has not happened.

Not sure why this process is so difficult.  I went to the store to purchase/upgrade two devices; the two old devices are being traded in.  Why do I have to hunt down these return labels?  This whole process is a joke and has consumed way too much of my time.  Can someone please provide me with the address and the required markings and I will make my own darn labels?  I have the RMA for both devices.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Beyond frustrated!  I have been to the store 3 times and have called customer service 3 times.  I simply need the return labels to ship my phones back that have been traded in.  The store refuses to take the phones saying they do not see the labels in the system.  I have access to the account and the labels are not there.  There is a link to track the shipments that takes me to USPS and says that they have been notified of a pre-shipment.  Again, no labels.  Customer Service said I would receive the labels via email and that still has not happened.

Not sure why this process is so difficult.  I went to the store to purchase/upgrade two devices; the two old devices are being traded in.  Why do I have to hunt down these return labels?  This whole process is a joke and has consumed way too much of my time.  Can someone please provide me with the address and the required markings and I will make my own darn labels?  I have the RMA for both devices.

That’s odd. You should see a link to print the label on your order status page. You should have also received a text with the link. If neither of these happened for you then something screwed up. Since even the store personnel can’t find the label it does seem like you unfortunately got caught in a glitch in the order.

If you are willing to cancel the whole order, and place a new order then that may resolve. That may motivate a support rep to help you more.

Badge

We have already received the new phones and everything has been transferred over.  I just need to send back the old phones so we can get the trade-in value.  I agree it is strange however, like I said it’s been very frustrating.  The store tells me to call CS and CS tells me to take the phones to the store.  I feel the store should take the initiative and call customer service and get the situation handled but that seems to be asking too much.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

We have already received the new phones and everything has been transferred over.  I just need to send back the old phones so we can get the trade-in value.  I agree it is strange however, like I said it’s been very frustrating.  The store tells me to call CS and CS tells me to take the phones to the store.  I feel the store should take the initiative and call customer service and get the situation handled but that seems to be asking too much.

You have 14 days from new phones shipping out to cancel/return for any reason. I would use that as a soft bluff to see if that motivates TMO to send you the labels. Failing that, you have no choice but to cancel/return because after 14 days, you are stuck with your new phones and if they don’t receive your trade in phones, your promotional credits will be cancelled.

Same.  I have been trying to send back my phones for two weeks.  I now see a USPS tracking number --- but no label to print and get this done.  My wife’s iPhone 14 and daughter’s Galaxy Flip 4 trades went without a hitch, but the Pixel trade process has been dragging.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did the new phones come with return labels for the trade-ins?  If not, try reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter or give Customer Care a call at 611 to further help you get those labels so you can send those trade-in devices off.  

Did the new phones come with return labels for the trade-ins?  If not, try reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter or give Customer Care a call at 611 to further help you get those labels so you can send those trade-in devices off.  

Hi. The new phones did not come with labels, and I have already called 611. They say there is "a glitch with the return labels being made available".

I've done my due diligence, and I just don't want to be left holding the bag here - so to speak. I'm sure others are encountering the same problem this month for their trade returns. 

Just got transferred/ported over last week with new phones and everything. Now having issues getting return labels too!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Give Customer Care a call or reach out to the T-Force Team through DM on Facebook or Twitter.  They can e-mail you the label.  Make sure you follow the instructions for returns to ensure there are no issues with your returns.