Ridiculous experience

• 25 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am going to start sharing my experience with T-Mobile customer service in a hope that someone else sees this and does something about it - not just my issue, but probably the hundreds of other people who suffer this inadequately-managed company.

Back in July/August T-Mobile had a promotion for a “free RAVL V+ or OnePlus Nord200” phone when the customer trades-in ANY other working device. I traded-in a brand new, still in the box Verizon pre-paid phone. Got the RAVL in the mail, T-Mobile sent me an SMS that they got my trade-in (I had to mail it using a shipping label they sent me via email.

So by August 20-th things were looking all set.

Around August 25, though, I received another automated SMS saying that I have been un-enrolled from the promotion.

On August 28th I called 611 and after a lengthy conversation, the CSR told me that “the warehouse coded the phone as damaged”. After hearing my explanation that this was actually a brand new device that I purchased specifically for the trade-in the CSR said that she (or her supervisor) was able to talk to the warehouse and confirm that the trade-in is fine. She said that it may take up to a month for my account to reflect the re-enrollment of the promotion, so she credited back August and September to offset the incorrect charges.

Come November, I see that charge re-appear on my bill.

Today I called 611 again. After about 20 min. on hold a CSR named Destiny picks up and after researching my issue says that nowhere in the notes from the Aug. 28th call she could see that the previous CSR resolved the issue. When I asked her to pull the phone recording (because we’re all informed that our calls are recorded “to provide the best experience”), she said that she could not do that because the Aug. 28th CSR was at a different location. The call dropped, but Destiny was persistent enough to call me two times - the first reconnect attempt ended up in me answering but her getting my CM!!! 

Destiny patched me to her supervisor - Shakia White or similar. She started explaining to me that she cannot find ANY record of the trade-in, even though I was forced to mail it using a T-Mobile shipping label. So Shakia asked me to go dig up that tracking information so she can locate the phone “in the warehouse”. Unfortunately while I was doing that the call dropped again and Shakia never called me back.

After waiting for a call back for about 15 min., I called back 611. the automated system said “15 min. wait”, but my call got answered in about 35-40 min. by a CSR in another region. After I told her that I was speaking with another supervisor, she offered to connect me at first, but after about 10 min. of being on hold I was told that the other supervisor probably left - they could only email her and that she would call me tomorrow.

At this point I am about 2 solid hours on the phone with T-Movile.

I said “fine” and I asked her if she could help me with the “Family allowance” feature, While we’re going ove what wasn’t working on their “Family Allowance” the phone call dropped again.

In about a minute she seemed to be trying to call me, but regardless of the fact that I was waiting for this call at my desk and I answered immediately, the call didn’t connect and she never tried to call me again.

Now, this is all surreal, but I do have a voice recording of the whole ordeal if anyone is interested in hearing it.

Together with typing this post, it’s been 2 hours and 30 minutes of a complete waste of my time.

Verizon, if you’re listening, do call me, please!!!

4 replies

Badge

I have spent up to 5 hours with a customer service rep, even missing a shift for work!!! They promise to resolve the issue only to have it delayed or pushed on to the next representative. I’ve only had T-mobile for 2 months and they have already left a bad taste in my mouth.

I also got the "free" Revvl that I am now being charged $399. for a $189. phone.

I'm really sick to death of t mobile! I've had conversation, text, email with these peeps and it's always something different to placate me UNTIL the next bill and its back to paying full price on this pos phone ! After paying the bill this month, I tried to get back into the chat area where all converse has been saved since day 1....conveniently rerouted to all kinds of other pages..…

Mismanaged?   They know what they're doing. 

I gave up a LOT compared to what they offer as perks that go with this service and I am not happy. 

But what can we do..…

I'm travelling to the store to face to face with and I promise you ..............

Badge

I also got the "free" Revvl that I am now being charged $399. for a $189. phone.

I'm really sick to death of t mobile! I've had conversation, text, email with these peeps and it's always something different to placate me UNTIL the next bill and its back to paying full price on this pos phone ! After paying the bill this month, I tried to get back into the chat area where all converse has been saved since day 1....conveniently rerouted to all kinds of other pages..…

Mismanaged?   They know what they're doing. 

I gave up a LOT compared to what they offer as perks that go with this service and I am not happy. 

But what can we do..…

I'm travelling to the store to face to face with and I promise you ..............

They have 1 hell of a scam going on, I wish they would let me in on it.

Badge

Overseas support is a joke.  They haphazardly tell you to reset this, restart your phone, try this setting, try that setting, they have no clue how to fix things and barely understand the question. When I reached US based support for something else, I was on and off the phone in 5 minutes.  Skip the pleasantries, how are you doing, thank you so much for clarifying this, may I call you by this name, etc.  PLEASE have tech support that knows how to communicate, knows how fix issues without wasting half of my afternoon, and stop outsourcing.  People are going to get very tired of not being able to get any customer service.  It’s a very bad look for the company T-mobile.  I expect some help with this issue without resetting my phone to the factor default.