Safe+Found Trackers offered as a "discount"

• 13 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Long time Sprint Business customer. I reached out several times via email to my account manager and never received a reply. Due to this, I walked into a store back in July of 2020, to update my older iPhone 8’s to iPhone 11’s.

The sales representative at the store offered me a “discount” if I agreed to take home 3 “Safe+found Tracker” devices, each one with an individial phone number attached to them.

I recently came to find that these devices did not come with any discount at all, nor were part of any special promotion by chatting with a representative on the Sprint website. I was charged monthly to pay for both the devices themselves and the service fee for all 3. By the way, 2 of them worked sporadically, and the third one never appeared on the App I had to download, and since I had no need for them, I never looked into it and gave up on them; as I was convinced that they were part of this “discount” on my bill. All in all I paid $677.49 in service fees and $180 for the 3 trackers for a total of $857.49.

I recently contacted the chat representatives and they agreed to refund me $144.00, and then they offered me $200 when I esxpressed that I would seek legal action.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get reimbursement for these worhtless devices?

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The tracker I have is $5 a month and bill credits for the cost of the tracker for two years so essentially the tracker is free as long as I pay the bill.