Solved

Scam

• 5 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello

My name is Yoel T.

In the month of May, I took a cruise through Alaska with my wife. On this cruise, I did not hire internet or telephone services, we only used our devices in the cities where we got off the cruise.

Now I see that your company has charged me $85.11 for Marine Services. I have spoken with representatives and they do not give me a clear explanation on the subject, that is why I have decided to send this complaint, where it can be answered.

If I use my phone, only in US cities, and I do not contract connection services on board the ship; Why are these charges being made against me? I have been informed that since I am near the coast the device uses satellite lines (that does not make sense) I live in Miami, so when I am in Miami Beach, do I run the risk of my device connecting to satellite as well?

I hope this charge gets fixed or I will keep escalating my complaint

Sincerely

Yoel Torres

icon

Best answer by BobT 5 July 2023, 14:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

From what I understand about Alaska is that Tmobile doesn't have native service there and they have a roaming agreement with GCI.

If you can't connect with them then you would connect to the next available service.

Since this is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support using on one of tmobile's social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter to escalate your request.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Cruise lines typically don’t require a contract to utilize cellular Marine Services (using WiFi might depending on the cruise line); if your phone is on or in range of the ship’s cellular service it will use it unless you switch to airplane mode.SInce apps typically use data in the background, it’s entirely possible you were using those cellular services which are treated as international roaming. Unfortunately the burden is on the customer to ensure the phone is off or in “airplane mode:.

Badge

T-Mobile store at the Roseville license 00839290 lied to me about the promotion they give me at the store to trade my phone in and I will get a credit for a new iPhone but they took my phone and now charging for the new Phone and there’s no credit the guy that did that to me his name is Sean and  is now ignoring my calls and messages and when I went the store he’s telling I am threatening him, so be very careful with T-Mobile, customer service is telling me there was no promotion in that time when I got the phones. I had no issues for almost 7 years been with T-Mobile but they clearly scammed me this time, My monthly bill jumped from $160 to $270.