Question

Sending text to International numbers using Digits app

• 24 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

How do i send text messages to international phone numbers.  When i use the country code prefix (ex: +351) and send a text, the message removes the country code and just shows the number.  It sends the text to the US number.  Can someone help with this

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It should be the same as it would be on your mobile.  When I text Australia as an example.  I use +61.  Some countries, like the UK, have city or region codes that need to be included as well. 

Badge

Thanks Syaoran.  I tried again and it worked. I think i got confused because once i added the country code and sent the message, the app removed the country code from the number in the sent message display.  It worked.  :)

I’m having the same problem. On the desktop DIGITS app I enter the full # with international country code and it fails to create the conversation. Tried several times with same error resulting. I then tried it using DIGITS app on my iPhone and there it does seem to go through but it drops the country code in the display and shows the next three numbers as a US area code, which is not correct. What is going on and how can I know the text message went though?