Question

signed up for three lines of Magenta max for 47 a line. Tmobile is charging me 260$ a month

• 9 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

When I signed up I did it only because 3 lines for a total of 140/month sounded like a great deal.  I was paying that as a sprint customer for one line.
my first bill arrived and it was 260$ for one month.  After a long phone call I was assured the problem was fixed.  Then I got my bill and it still said 260$.  After another call I was assured the problem had been fixed but after that bill had been issued.   
well, my autopay just went through amd I was charged 260$ again for the next month.  
Has this happened to anyone else?   If they can’t fix it I’ll just have to quit.  Also,  oddly, my sprint coverage seemed better and faster than my T-Mobile coverage even though they are supposed to be the same.  
regretting the switch

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

signed up for three lines of Magenta max for 47 a line. Tmobile is charging me 260$ a month ...

Sure you have Magenta Max for $47 per line, and not just Magenta?

Your bill should give you a full breakdown of the charges totaling $260.  If you share that with us, we might be able to help.

Any phone purchases involved?

Badge

That looks pretty cut and dry to me.  Although I was wrong about the 47/57.  57 a line would be fine.  There are no other charges and ive spent over an hour with customer service trying to fix it. The third time I called they hung up on me.  I’m hoping accidentally as I wasn’t being rude.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

That looks pretty cut and dry to me.  Although I was wrong about the 47/57.  57 a line would be fine.  There are no other charges and ive spent over an hour with customer service trying to fix it. The third time I called they hung up on me.  I’m hoping accidentally as I wasn’t being rude.

It appears T-Mobile set you up with 3 individual Magenta Max single line plans, rather than just one Magenta Max plan with 3 included lines for $170.

The first line is $85 with the autopay, and the other lines are $90 each without autopay, for a total of $265.

Maybe tech level 2 support through Facebook or Twitter can get you better results.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

If you recently signed up then you will get a prorated charge as it includes first month of service as well a partial month of service if you are in the middle of a billing cycle.  After the first month then it’ll be what they quoted you.  Also if you added devices on payment plans with promotions it may take a billing cycle or two to have the credits to go through.

Badge

No, I’d say it was intentional. That’s how they roll. Once they got you, they got you. Just switch. Their service sucks anyway and the lie about everything. 

Badge

I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels screwed over by T-Mobiles new math system. If everybody spoke up, I’m pretty sure nothing would change. It’s worth a shot.