Question

SIM card kit possibly lost in the mail via UPS shipping

Badge

So I ordered 1 day UPS shipping on my prepaid sim kit I ordered through the T-mobile site on April 28th, and using the UPS tracking number I found out they had accidentally sent it to Canada instead of the USA Southeast and the UPS message said “We’re sorry this package has experienced a sortation delay. The package has been rerouted to the correct destination.” Today I went through UPS mychoice to see the entirety of shipping details, to find that apparently the SIM kit was in the USA southeast and then in LESS than 35 minutes somehow ‘teleported’ to the UPS service in Canada. Now I honestly don’t know If they could actually transport the package that far in half an hour or if Something screwed up in the sortation/label system. BUT I cannot log in to a T-mobile account because I haven’t activated my phone sim card, and I would like to know if my package is coming at all or if I need to cancel the order and get a refund. And how to accomplish that without access to my account, or dealing with robo cops on the support number?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

try contacting them through 1 of their social media accounts

Badge

Decided to refresh the UPS page I just looked at 30 minutes ago, and apparently they just updated the receiving date to tomorrow, and the sim kit is hopefully moving back to my home address in the southeast from Canada. Weird timing. So I will update tomorrow when/if I get the kit through mail. Also as a last Question: I paid a extra 10$ to do one day shipping, Do I contact T-mobile or UPS to ask for a form of refund on the shipping cost?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You paid T-Mobile. T-Mobile paid UPS. You have no contractual relationship with UPS. I’d ask T-Mobile for my $10 back. They can ask UPS to refund their payment. In practice, T-Mobile often issues account credits when customers complain.