Question

So... Who has my trade in device?

• 31 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge
Trade-in device tracking details

So I shipped my device back on 10/22 and it was delivered on 10/24. Saturday, 10/29, I received a text form T-Mobile reminding me to send it back… Y’all had the dang thing for 5 days at that point. It was delivered a week ago at this point but still shows that they don’t have it.

WTF?

When I try to forward this information to customer care by texting 611 I get a response “Sorry, this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.”

Anyone else have their trade in device just… disappear after delivery? Also, I find it odd that it says it was picked up form the post office, but delivered is delivered is delivered, so…

What gives, T-Mo?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you have signature required on the shipment?  Have you asked USPS to open an investigation into who picked up the shipment?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

TMO does not process these. A 3rd party named “Assurance” takes the trade ins. I just went through this in Oct and it took 5 days after they picked up for the trade in to finally show up on TMO’s end. I would ignore the automated text and wait a week before escalating.

Badge

Did you have signature required on the shipment?  Have you asked USPS to open an investigation into who picked up the shipment?  

I used T-Mobile’s shipping label, as it contains processing details that Asurion claims they need ot have on the label for processing. Signature required isn’t really an option.

TMO does not process these. A 3rd party named “Assurance” takes the trade ins. I just went through this in Oct and it took 5 days after they picked up for the trade in to finally show up on TMO’s end. I would ignore the automated text and wait a week before escalating.

It’s been a week at this point. 24th was a Monday, it’s Monday the 31st. I tweeted @TMobileHelp and they blew my phone up all day while I was at work and unable to answer. Even got a response from Asurion on Twitter, so… we’ll see where that goes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I used T-Mobile’s shipping label, as it contains processing details that Asurion claims they need ot have on the label for processing. Signature required isn’t really an option.

It’s been a week at this point. 24th was a Monday, it’s Monday the 31st. I tweeted @TMobileHelp and they blew my phone up all day while I was at work and unable to answer. Even got a response from Asurion on Twitter, so… we’ll see where that goes.

Did you include the information that also needs to go in the box with the device?  Usually, I wrap the slip around the phone before wrapping it in bubble wrap so it can't get separated from the device when they are processing the incoming devices.

Badge

Did you include the information that also needs to go in the box with the device?  Usually, I wrap the slip around the phone before wrapping it in bubble wrap so it can't get separated from the device when they are processing the incoming devices.

I sure did! This is probably my 10th or 12th trade in, so I’m quite familiar with the process by now. This is really the first issue I’ve had, but it’s also the highest dollar trade I’ve done, so… go figure it would come up now.