Question

SOLVED Not receiving text verifications/website verification codes?

• 30 April 2021
  • 19 replies

Badge

I keep getting locked out of my apps because I can never verify with my phone number. I never get the text messages with codes, I can never make online appts to follow links because I never get the links. I have an IPhone and it’s completely updated.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

call in to TMO or contact their T-Force team via Facebook or Twitter and have them add on short code to your line..those verification texts are sent as short code texts and it isnt something that is auto added to everyones accounts..only by request.

I am having the same issue but this has been in the past day. And I spoke to T-mobile and they said that the short codes are enabled on my account. Help! IG threatens to disable my account, and it is a source of income for me. I have been racking my brain over the this for the past 15 hours with no help from IG.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

have them remove it then re add it perhaps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try a different SMS app. Every once in a while I need to switch from Textra to the native app because I don't get some verification text then I switch back a couple of months later and no issues.

Just tried that.  Still doesn't work 💔

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ironically one of the short codes I didn't receive was the code to log in to this site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are you by chance using Digits? if you dont know what that is we can assume you are not using it lol.

i need a tinder number

How was this solved?

I am having the same issues. 
I am able to get OTP codes for sites in USA but NOT for some international travel websites, I am unable to get OTP from international sites. 
I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile. It was not an issue with Verizon.

I called TMobile many times but they have not been much help and claim it is not their problem!

As a new customer I was told that the secret was patience. Six days after starting service I was able to get all the verification codes that I needed. 

As a new customer I was told that the secret was patience. Six days after starting service I was able to get all the verification codes that I needed. 

I am in despair.  I have had T Mobile for 14 days & been on help lines with Apple and T Mobile for 6 hours and still cannot receive OTPs sent from non-US (Italian) sources.  I switched to TMobile because of their vaunted international plans and my upcoming trip to Italy.   Apple assures me this is a known problem with TMobile, which no one at T Mobile acknowledges.  If it is not fixed today I am changing carriers.

I admit I can get verification codes from them now but I still can’t send or receive iMessages as iMessages. I don’t think they can fix this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

wouldnt that be on Apple to figure out? imessage is their own animal.

as long as you have a data connection imessage should work.

It was working before I switched from AT&T. Look how many people are having this issue. If necessary I’ll live with it because it’s a much lower rate and much better signal strength from my apartment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if im remembering right the imessage deal you need to go into your cloud or something to fix this..

trying to remember who the sites go to Apple person was...uhm… @tidbits ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Try this.

Turn off iMessages on your phone

Go Here https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Deregister from there

Now reset network settings (you will lose your wifi connects and bluetooth)

Now turn on iMessages.

Wow, thanks tidbits! It actually worked! I just replied to an iMessage and the bubble was blue! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

welcome to the wild world of Apple and their weirdness lol. it happens often enough that a Android fanboy like myself can actually remember theres certain steps that must be made with icloud at times to fix things.

I am in despair.  I have had T Mobile for 14 days & been on help lines with Apple and T Mobile for 6 hours and still cannot receive OTPs sent from non-US (Italian) sources.  I switched to TMobile because of their vaunted international plans and my upcoming trip to Italy.   Apple assures me this is a known problem with TMobile, which no one at T Mobile acknowledges.  If it is not fixed today I am changing carriers.

Switched from another carrier and now having trouble for months NOT receiving OTP on my Samsung.  Wife receives her otp on iphone with no issue.  Months of discussion with TM Facebook who say everything is fine on their end!  Samsung suggested another SIM card which I will try next-