Sprint-TMobile App issue

Badge

In March 2020. I signed up for a multi-party phone agreement with Sprint (now transferred to T-Mobile). At that time, they provided multiple worthless security applications for the phone, with a single warning text (that resembled an Advertisement) stating they would charge 9.99 per month for them after a single month free.  As I was paying for multiple phones at the time, I was under the impression the extra charges were part of the costs for the phone lease and didn't pay attention to them. Like many companies these days, they also requested I receive my bill online, so the details are out of sight.  I never even downloaded the applications or used them.

In March of this year, I looked in detail at my T-mobile bill, realized they were charging me $50.00 per month for nothing, and disputed the issue. At that point their customer service: lied to me repeatedly about the charges, told me to dispute them with the 3rd party provider (which was them in the first place), told me multiple times I was getting a supervisor return call (which didn't occur) advised me I was getting most of my money back after a review (which was then denied, without my knowledge) and, as of yesterday offered me 120.00, as a settlement, stating I should have known about this.

Admittedly, they are correct.  I should have known about the charges and cancelled the worthless apps 4 years ago.  My complaint is that they sold these apps the way they did, hoping a customer would do exactly what I did and not pay attention to them.  This is the same type of legal issue that started a class action lawsuit with Sprint approximately 10 years ago, and the business practice is extremely predatory. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!