Question

Switching my Netflix account over to the "free" Netflix

• 1 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I recently transferred my Netflix account over to T-Mobile for the “free” Netflix offer. I “had” service for multiple devices. Now that I transferred the account over to  T-Mobile my other devices seem to not work. Why? I did not want to “change” my previous Netflix account - I just wanted to transfer it over to T-Mobile.

What is the issue?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I recently transferred my Netflix account over to T-Mobile for the “free” Netflix offer. I “had” service for multiple devices. Now that I transferred the account over to  T-Mobile my other devices seem to not work. Why? I did not want to “change” my previous Netflix account - I just wanted to transfer it over to T-Mobile.

What is the issue?

The same Netflix app already installed on your devices should still work, even with the same account as before, unless you changed the ID or password or plan.

Could you be having a problem with concurrency?

Netflix Basic you can watch on only 1 device at the same time.

Netflix Standard you can watch on up to 2 devices at the same time.

Netflix Premium you can watch on up to 4 devices at the same time.

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/netflix-on-us

I’m new to T-Mobile and am looking into changing my Netflix over to T-mobile.  If I have the basic plan, is it one screen at a time or one screen only?  Meaning one screen only is in one room, for example living room, and that is the only screen we can watch Netflix on vs. one screen at a time meaning we can watch in our game room as long as no other screen in the house is watching at the same time.

I continued looking and found my answer.  The Basis plan allows you to watch on any device (phone, TV, tablet) but only one at a time.  That is what I thought, I was just looking for confirmation.

Of course, now I see that is what the earlier response said.  Oh well.

I currently have a Netflix basic account.  I want to to take advantage of the free Netflix offer from T-Mobil.  Do I transition my existing account to be billed to T-Mobile or do I need to setup an entirely new Netflix account?

If I transition my existing account, how do I do that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I currently have a Netflix basic account.  I want to to take advantage of the free Netflix offer from T-Mobil.  Do I transition my existing account to be billed to T-Mobile or do I need to setup an entirely new Netflix account?

If I transition my existing account, how do I do that?

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/netflix-on-us

How do I activate Netflix on my account? What if I already have a Netflix account?

Log into myT-mobile and add Netflix on Us via manage add-ons. On the T-Mobile app, select Account and manage data & Add-ons. T-Mobile pays Netflix directly for you. For customers with an existing Netflix account, it may take 1-2 Netflix billing cycles for your billing to transfer to T-Mobile.

T-Mobile Netflix on Us Package with Netflix

Customers in the United States can sign up for an eligible T-Mobile package that includes a Netflix subscription.

Once you've signed up, activate to link your new or existing Netflix account.