Question

T-Mobile and Asurion are Pathetic, Cheap and Disgraceful

Badge

I have been waiting for over 3 weeks...and counting, for a replacement phone. Both T-Mobile & Asurion claim it's the other’s responsibility to ship the phone. Asurion took the deductible, promised to ship a phone & a week later said T-Mobile should ship me the phone. So the two companies are currently at an impasse; neither agreeing to give me a replacement. How much does a phone cost? It’s disgraceful and pathetic after being a customer for 16 years, T-Mobile can’t even honor a promise to cover a device. Lost for words. Consider class action to end this scam. BTW I don’t expect Assurant to be any better than Asurion.

7 replies

Funny that after posting on twitter I got a hold of a floor manager at Assurant who was able to verify that my phone was active on my account and covered when I filed my claim and approved my claim immediately.  Took 5+  hours of my time and realizing that T-Mobile will do pretty much nothing to keep me as a customer.  I will remember this T-Mobile.  Any brand loyalty I had is completely out the window.  I’m already looking into other carriers offers.  This is how you loose customers T-Mobile.  Byeeeeeee!  And if I hadn’t gotten my issue resolved I would be there right with you on a class action.  Did you ever get your issue resolved?

Just curious, what device did you file a claim on? I have not seen an Asurion claim in years. 

They have a horrible and mean Customer Service to start With. They don't put in the contract that When is 90 days after you claim you wont get the replacement even if you have the money for the deductible. They don't care if had am emergency and couldn't pay the deductible at the moment. They don't care about their customers. I suggest you to not Take them to protect your device.  Choose other provider. Too bad. Have a very bad experience from them 😕 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

They have a horrible and mean Customer Service to start With. They don't put in the contract that When is 90 days after you claim you wont get the replacement even if you have the money for the deductible. They don't care if had am emergency and couldn't pay the deductible at the moment. They don't care about their customers. I suggest you to not Take them to protect your device.  Choose other provider. Too bad. Have a very bad experience from them 😕 

Did you read the fine print?

This. It’s definitely in their policy that you have 90 days. Assurant sends out coverage info when you enroll and their policy is listed on their website as well. It’s unfortunate that you are blaming the company when you didn’t follow the expectations. 

Did you read the fine print?

No, I didn't see that in the fine print. Algo, did you read the words bad Customer Service in my comment? Thank for the advise and have a nice day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

No, I didn't see that in the fine print. Algo, did you read the words bad Customer Service in my comment? Thank for the advise and have a nice day!

File a device protection claim | T-Mobile Support

Only the Primary Account Holder or an authorized user can file a claim. Claims must be reported within 90 days of the incident unless state law requires additional time.