T-mobile are refusing to give me the promotions that I easily qualify for and assured me I would get.

• 23 September 2021
  • 14 replies

Badge

Pretty simple- in August 2021 T-mobile advertised a free iphone 12 if you port over a number and get magenta max. OK so I ported over 2 numbers from ATT and they are refusing to give me the bill credits for the iphone 12, they enrolled me in the bogus jump program instead. LIARS.

They also assured me that I can bring over an iphone 11 from ATT with outstanding payments and they will reimburse, the sales agent said the promotions are compatible, no problem. When I try to register for the reimbursement they tell me “I HAVE NO ELIGIBLE DEVICE” 

BUT IN THE ACCOUNT THEY ARE GIVING ME BILL CREDITS FOR AN IPHONE 11 I ALREADY OWN. DUMB.

THEN they are charging me for a full month of service BEFORE THEY SHIPPED THE PHONES AND SIM. LIARS. 

I will persist.

HONOR your promotion:

BILL CREDITS FOR BOTH IPHONE 12

REIMBURSMENT FOR IPHONE 11.

AND THE CELL COVERAGE SUCKS!

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is a user to user forum with little Tmobile moderation who don’t have account access.

We users usually tell people to use messenger on one of Tmobile’s social media account to request help.

The support on those sights are a higher tier of support.

Yeap, same happen to me with that promo.. They don’t want to honor the iPhone 12 credit.. And the representative check my info before to see if i’m qualify which i’m qualify. And then at the end they put me in BOGO promotion.

Hey this is happening to me currently! They can’t find my number because of the a port and they don’t want to help me with this. Now they are trying to stick me with the bill after not wanting to do the iPhone 12 on Us deal. What a scam, are they going to honor your add a line?

Badge

I have had the same issue with this promotion. I traded in a paid off iPhone on a grandfathered in plan from Sprint - without the promo, the Magenta MAX plan & the iPhone 12 cost me $50 more a month than my original plan. The deal would save me $40/month on the iPhone, meaning my bill was only $10 more for a free phone. 

Since they never honored the deal, I am now paying $50 more a month - $50 I did not budget for (when you are paycheck-to-paycheck, this is a big sum) - and I have had NO help from T-Mobile. It’s a rip-off, a scam, and fraud. I wonder if those of this has happened to can file a complaint with the BBB. 

I will keep trying to get them to honor the deal, as I am now locked in to a contract under false pretenses. 

T-Mobile also scammed me on the T-Mobil iPhone 12 on us promo. They refuse to honor the deal I contacted customer service 35 times and they said they aren’t allowed to change the promo. They put me on. BOGO deal that wasn’t even a promo going on at the time. This company is dishonest, cheats, liars and thieves, I hope they go out of business or get bought out or sued big time. DONT SIGN UP WITH T-MOBILE THEY LIE THEYLL SCREW YOU

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

A lot of bad advice in your replies.  The only way to protect your rights with T-Mobile is to put your complaint in writing per their terms and conditions.  If you have a legit case, and the folks on the customer service end are not helping, you will likely win with a written complaint.  Currently, you have to place your dispute within 60 days without having accepted any alternative remedy to: T-Mobile Customer Relations, P.O. Box 37380, Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380.

When you are positive that your trade-in was supposed to be worth more!!! Infuriating when T-Mobile customer service sends you on a wild goose chase, advising you to review the promotions pages on their website, when they have no record of what you were actually offered.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Popkin/status/1502839504582942721?s=20&t=veIu_6aO9EmtNbrTHxdSUg

T-Mobile neither honors the trade-in promotional values offered to customers in the online shopping cart, nor keeps any record of the offer made that established the contract between buyer and seller!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

https://community.xn--t-mobile-c0a.com/accounts-services-4/t-mobile-does-not-honor-the-trade-in-promotional-values-offered-to-customers-in-the-online-shopping-cart-42159?postid=156294#post156294

I was told that they would give me a $200 credit for porting in my phones from AT&T and it would be used as a credit on my bill. A few weeks ago on my reimbursement status page there were 2 lines for the 2 phones with an amount of $200 each. Now when I checked they are not there. After calling Tmobile nobody has any idea what I am talking about. Then talked to someone who said my Magenta55 plane does’t qualify for the $200 Port In promotion even though I had been told numerous times that I would get it. After being on the phone for 45 minutes, they simply couldn’t resolve anything.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I went to the Apple Site for the ™ Apple joint promo.  Apple said my Iphone qualifies for an $ 800 rebate.  After filling out information, the final page came up, before clicking order. It indicates a minimum payment of $ 400 immediately.  It I get an $ 800 credit on an $ 800 phone, why?

It seems like an excellent deal.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Fuzzy Nations.  You said they put you on a BOGO deal.  After a bad trade in experience with ATT, 5 years ago, I’m leery about trading in a good phone and having them later tell me my phone is no good.  It was still under AppleCare and was turned in and inspected at the store. Took over 4 months to resolve. 

I was thinking a BOGO deal may be best.  How was that handled?

Pretty simple- in August 2021 T-mobile advertised a free iphone 12 if you port over a number and get magenta max. OK so I ported over 2 numbers from ATT and they are refusing to give me the bill credits for the iphone 12, they enrolled me in the bogus jump program instead. LIARS.

They also assured me that I can bring over an iphone 11 from ATT with outstanding payments and they will reimburse, the sales agent said the promotions are compatible, no problem. When I try to register for the reimbursement they tell me “I HAVE NO ELIGIBLE DEVICE” 

BUT IN THE ACCOUNT THEY ARE GIVING ME BILL CREDITS FOR AN IPHONE 11 I ALREADY OWN. DUMB.

THEN they are charging me for a full month of service BEFORE THEY SHIPPED THE PHONES AND SIM. LIARS. 

I will persist.

HONOR your promotion:

BILL CREDITS FOR BOTH IPHONE 12

REIMBURSMENT FOR IPHONE 11.

AND THE CELL COVERAGE SUCKS!

same problem ith my account said free line, just pay activation fee,

free samsung galaxy table just pay the data plan.

Badge

I recently saw a targeted promotion for $800 off Pixel 8 Pro. I doubted if I would qualify, but I decided to give T-mobile a call. I first spoke to an unhelpful agent, then got transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor told me I *was* qualified to this P621 plan. I didn’t know it then, but the supervisor’s call was not recorded. That fact would matter a lot later.

A short while later, I called up to upgrade two phones with this P621 offer.  The transcript clearly shows me asking for this promo offer.  I have been told this by T-mobile.  But the agent - without me understanding it - put me on an entirely different promotion.  Given the the complexity of credits and everything, and that I had explicitly asked for the P621 promo, that is what I thought I was getting.  So I agreed to upgrade two phones.

A day or two later, quite by accident, I found that the upgrade I had just made had nothing to do with the P621 promo.

Fortunately, I learned this before the shipped phones arrived at my house. I declined the shipment of the phones and this will unwind the entire transactions. If I hadn’t done this, I would have been stock with at least $1,600 of payments.  So I guess I was kind of lucky. 

I think the agent - maybe on commission - heard me saying I was eligible for the P621 promo, just moved quickly to get me to upgrade on a different promo, and NEVER said it wasn’t the P621 because she is on commission, or is on someincentive scheme that she gets rewarded for signing people up for upgrades.  This is speculation on my part, but it kind of makes sense. It wasn’t classic bait and switch, but it felt a bit like bait and switch because I did start the ordering process talking about promo P621 and then got something totally different (not that I understood this at the time).  I am sure everything that T-mobile was legal etc. They asked for consent etc, and I gave it, but I did not understand what I was consenting to because I thought I was getting promo P621.

So what happened next?

When I escalated this to T-mobile, trying to get the P621 promo I was told I was eligible for, I got nowhere. They now stated I was NOT eligible. The fact that a supervisor told me I was eligible didn’t matter because they do not have a recording of this conversation.  Nor does it matter that I called and asked for the P621 promotion and was given something entirely different. I even wrote a letter to the CEO and was quickly contacted by someone from their executive leadership team. Still got nowhere. There is no recorded conversation of the supervisor telling me I was eligible for the P621 targeted promo, or so they told me. I got nowhere.

Frankly, I am lucky. I could have been on the hook for quite a lot of money. It was just dumb luck that I figured out that I did not get the promo I thought I was getting, and was able to undo the transaction.

Hopefully I will learn from this experience and be more careful in the future. 

I can’t say I am really angry or anything at T-Mobile about this. It would be more accurate to say that I am just kind disappointed. Been with T-Mobile for over 20+ years. Didn’t matter in the end.

They are doing this to me right now.  When I signed up in November 2022 I was told by John at 10:10 am I would receive the phone payout and a 200 dollar rebate. I submitted this through their rebate site. I got the phone payout by never got the 200 dollars.  I called the rebate department and tmobile resubmitted on 3/20/2023. They denied it again.  I called on 5/15/2023 and spoke to McClain who assured me I would get the rebate and provided me with tracking numbers.  I never received it.  I called back and they resubmitted on 9/27/2023 and it was denied again.  I called back on 1/16/24 and spoke to Adam who assured me I would get the rebate in 5-7 business days and provided a tracking number.  I never got it.  I called today and spoke with Hannah, Julius,  and Rex who said I was no longer eligible because the rebates couldn’t be combined.  I understand not combining them but when I signed up and got many months after I was told I would get the 200 dollar rebate. I have all of this in writing for t-mobile and they are refusing to honor it or even acknowledge they made a mistake in what they told me. They refuse to allow me to speak to the original people I worked with. Tmobile needs to face a false advertising lawsuit 

I think customers should file a lawsuit against tmobile for fraudulent claims for the keep and switch promotions. They do not inform their customers the fine details of the offer. They tell lies to get people to switch. They are an awful company.