Question

T-Mobile failed to scan a trade-in phone and refuse to do anything about it

• 24 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 2 replies

My whole experience of switching to T-Mobile has been atrocious, right from the sales process to yesterday when they told me only ones of the two phones I sent for trade in was found. 
i was sent a shipping label with one tracking number for 2 phones, which I sent via UPS. Tracking through UPS shows the package was delivered on 30 Dec. Several long phone calls later and with escalations to supervisors, I am told I should have shipped them separately, they only found one phone and there is nothing they can do because they can only work with the information they have. They refused to escalate the problem and just don’t seem to care that they have lost my phone. 
If they have one phone from the package, the other one must have arrived too as it was in the same package. 
What can I do to escalate this issue?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can try using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

Badge

Good advice. Looks like it is getting sorted out. Should find out in 24 hours….

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

For future reference do not send more than1 device per package. They may say its ok to do this but if 1 device is misplaced you have no record of the device ever having be sent.  Hope they work this out in your favor. If you choose to not heed this warning know that you may find yourself not receiving credit for your device as you have no way of proving you ever sent it in to them. You know like no tracking number for said device.

Today Is The Tomorrow You Worried About Yesterday

Badge

I was just following the instructions I was given by T-Mobile.  They sent me the shipping label, with one tracking number and two phones on the packing list.  But you are absolutely right, for anyone else thinking of returning phones, insist on having one label for each phone!