Question

T-mobile is frauding and charging for international calls made on wifi?

• 11 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I joined what's app and had 4 lines on magenta max. home internet is so bad that I have to get xfinity internet within a month. I still kept the t mobile.

I see that my bill have been 423 / 549 dollars for the months since I joined. I am being charged for wifi calls. even the bill says wifi calls and still billed.

I spoke to agent and he could not find a reason for charges . 

this is sad and traumatic and simple fraud. I will be contesting charges with my bank and t mobile have no courtesy to even fix their mistake .

very poor customer services and company is all fraud like a gheto...

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

WiFi calls are not free!  Calls over WiFi are treated as if they originated within the US so calling overseas, international rates would still apply.  

Wi-Fi Calling from T-Mobile | T-Mobile Support

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I joined what's app and …..

I see two things here WhatsApp and WiFi Calling and I’m not sure which we’re dealing with.

1. I don’t use WhatsApp but have seen some heated discussions about WhatsApp having a fallback to making regular phone calls under certain situations. I don’t know for sure, one way or the other. Just mentioning it.
  2. WiFi Calling from the US to overseas numbers is charged just like a cellular call. From overseas to the US it is charged like a domestic call. From overseas to overseas it is supposed to be charged at 25¢/min between “Simple Choice” countries but it depends on how well T-Mobile can determine the country you’re calling from.

Did T-Mobile payback the money? It sucks. I had the same issue. 

I was talking in home and then went out thinking I am on wifi. Looks like they don’t have the 5G coverage, instead of disconnecting the call they just routed through voice and charged the money. Great way to earn money. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did T-Mobile payback the money? It sucks. I had the same issue. 

I was talking in home and then went out thinking I am on wifi. Looks like they don’t have the 5G coverage, instead of disconnecting the call they just routed through voice and charged the money. Great way to earn money. 

You  an thank Whats App for having the ability to fall back to cellular.  I don't personally use Whats App but maybe the app needs a way to disable handing off a call to cellular.