Question

T-Mobile One Military vs Magenta & Magenta Max Military

• 10 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I have some questions regarding potentially switching from the retired T-Mobile One Military plan to a Magenta Plan. I currently have 5 lines plus an apple watch line and we pay for T-Mobile Home Internet. I am currently happy with our plan, but it appears that T-mobile only offers their best deals and promotions to those on a Magenta or Magenta Max plan with the Max plan having the best promotions. If I were to switch to a Max plan I could potentially save money on my Home Internet price and I get better trade in deals.

Is there a difference in service? Would I be losing anything by switching? We currently have Netflix Premium and pay an extra $9.00 a month on the One Plan. Looking at the plans online it would appear the Magenta comes with a downgraded Netflix package and the Max comes with the standard package that is free with our current plan. We pay out of pocket to have an additional two screens and the 4k resolution. Can you upgrade to this netflix package still if I switch to Magenta and is the cost different?

Ultimately I just want to make sure that I am not losing anything with Magenta or Magenta Max, but I also am trying to determine how much my bill would skyrocket because I dont want to pay more for the exact same service. I’ve tried talking to support via chat and its a joke.

Any help is appreciated.

1 reply

Hello, 

I am in the same boat. I chose to stay with military one because I think you will pay more for Netflix and get less tethering per month. I think you can put the one plus option per line where with magenta you have to do magenta max with the whole plan at once. I don’t know how correct I am but I am hoping to find out the same answer.