Question

T-Mobile web page verification codes

• 17 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

What's wrong with the verification code sending system in the T-Mobile web page? When I try to go to my security dashboard to make changes, as they request, the page SAYS it sent me a 6 digit code. When I wait as much as over 10 minutes for the code, it does not arrive.  However, when I click "send new code", the system sends me a code immediately.

This is the regular behavior of the system; it never happens any other way for me. Ir would be okay (really annoying, but okay) if I was then able to make the changes to my security dashboard that they request. However, when I try to make changes after waiting 10 minutes, requesting a new code, and finally getting in, the system doesn't allow me to make the changes. Instead, it says, "Hmm, we can't access that page right now because your account was recently created or updated. Give it a shot again later"

And THEN your system logs me out, so that I have to restart the whole process.

Really, really annoying. Any thoughts?

1 reply

I am experiencing the exact same thing as patrikor: security codes sent to email only arrive if “send new code” is clicked. And when I want to upgrade to Google Authenticator on the Security Dashboard, it ends with “Hmm, we can't access that page right now because your account was recently created or updated. Give it a shot again later” (my account has been there over 3 years; not considering t-mobile tech moving it around). Then I am always auto-logged out and can start over. 

It does not allow me to set up Authenticator, but not getting the codes when the page said it sent it, is frustrating.

I tried this mobile and on desktop. Makes no difference.