Question

Text messages from family on my T-Mobile plan disappears

• 12 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I upgraded from a Oneplus 6t to a 9 pro back in March/April timeframe. The transfer of everything from the old phone was pretty much perfect. A few apps didn’t work but a reinstall fixed it. Since then, I’m having an issue with receiving texts from my family on my plan. I will see the text notification, but when I click on the notification the received message isn’t there. When I close the app and reopen it, my wife or daughter's entire conversation is missing. The only way to get it back on the list it to go to my contacts and open the text icon under their name. It is only happening with my family that is on my plan. All my friends text messages have no problem coming through. T-Mobile CS didn’t really understand the problem and their fixes didn’t work and actually almost crashed my phone. They had me reset the network(which almost caused my phone to not reboot and caused all sorts of network and app issues), and luckily after a couple of hard restarts the phone started working again. I deleted and re-added their contact information. I didn’t have any duplicate contacts either.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

since you deleted and then re added their contact info make sure that ALL history of them is also removed before re adding it..call history as well as text history so anything possibly messed up in there doesnt stay even though you deleted their info from your contacts.