They won’t give me an equivalent phone on warrenty repair because computer wont let them?

• 5 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I purchased an S22 Ultra 256 Gig phone with the extended warranty just over a year ago, At the time the agent tried to get me to purchase the 128 Gig model saying, “You just keep everything in the cloud anyway.” I told him that I dont always have access to the cloud and dont mind paying the premium for the extra memory. 
Just over a year later after having paid every month for this extended warranty, my S22 Ultra has the dreaded overheating issue many of these phones have been plagued with. It happens so often I can't even use the phone.
I called to get a warranty replacement which they had no problem with, except, they want to give me a S22 Ultra with only 128 Gig of memory not 256 like I purchased. They are essentially downgrading my phone and replacing it with one with lesser capabilities.
The issue is they do not have any S22 Ultra’s in 256 Gig in stock with which to replace it with. I told them the next closest phone they have with the same capabilities is the S23 Ultra 256 and they should replace it with that. They said they can't because their computer won't let them because it automatically says the S22 Ultra 128 Gig is the comparable phone to my S22 Ultra 256 Gig.
How can they give me a replacement phone with half the memory mine has and tell me it is the compares le phone?
I'm not asking for anything more than a phone with the same capabilities as mine? It's not my fault they dont have a supply of phones as the same model I have.
Thoughts?

1 reply

Badge

Update!

As it turns out the issue was actually a computer glitch on their end. The system had my phone registered in their system as a 128 Gig, phone and would not let them process the replacement for a 256 Gig, model which I have. Someone from an executive office contacted me the next day and got a replacement phone in the mail the same day.

I was a little upset I had the issue in the first place but must admit all of the staff I spoke to were extremely helpfull, as much as they could be. It was this this limitation of the computer they couldn't over-ride to help me.

After all is said and done, amazing customer service and satisfactory resolution. I couldn't believe the call from the executive office and the willingness to help resolve the issue.

I'll never go anywhere else but T-Mobile!