Question

Timely Advanced Complex TMobile Reward scam?

• 7 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I received what appeared to be a legit TMobile Reward (they give so much stuff away) where you basically get a product for free if you pay shipping. I purchased an underwater camera for $5.99. My credit card company put a note on my account then, so I called. And they said I should call the number related to the transaction. I did call -- and that was a bizarre answering service, but they DID have a record of a second transaction I tried to make, which was declined (because you are only allowed one “free” item” and I tried for a second). They only had a record of the declined transaction. Not the first one which went through, which is odd. So, does anybody have experience with this? The name on the transaction is Timely Advanced Complexs / General Merchandise. Thanks

1 reply

Badge

ADDITIONAL INFO: So calling a second customer service number that was listed on my credit card, I was told by a customer service operator that the product was being shipped. Then I was told I had also signed up for some store for $49.99 per month, and if I didn’t want that they would send me a $125 gift card to this store. The whole thing was definitely a bait and switch. I’m going to go back and check my confirmation email to see what the terms and conditions actually says. Lesson learned: Do not buy “free” product to pay shipping only product.