Question

TMobile allowed hackers to steal my money and my identity

• 17 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

TMobile helped a hacker get a hold of my sim card and he was able to get into my email account and steal all my Coinbase money. I'm reaching out to ask for help on how can I get my money back from T-Mobile. I called them many time to inquire about my case and to understand what are they doing to refund my money and prevent future hacking but no one is giving me any details about the outcome of the investigation. Their weak security system and their reluctance to address the issue is at the reason I'm reaching out for help. I appreciate any advice and I'm ready to do anything to get my money and my peace of mind back. 

Thank you 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi everyone,

TMobile helped a hacker get a hold of my sim card and he was able to get into my email account and steal all my Coinbase money. I'm reaching out to ask for help on how can I get my money back from T-Mobile. I called them many time to inquire about my case and to understand what are they doing to refund my money and prevent future hacking but no one is giving me any details about the outcome of the investigation. Their weak security system and their reluctance to address the issue is at the reason I'm reaching out for help. I appreciate any advice and I'm ready to do anything to get my money and my peace of mind back.

You are not the only one.

T-Mobile not doing anything about the data breach I’m losing access to everything. I call and they don’t want to do anything about it 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

how did they allow or help a hacker steal your account. i had to jump through a bunch of security hoops just to make a change on my account. please explain so others will know what happened to you

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

how did they allow or help a hacker steal your account. i had to jump through a bunch of security hoops just to make a change on my account. please explain so others will know what happened to you

More than likely he got caught in a phishing scam,and uses the same passwords for all his accounts.  He may have been hacked at the device level as well.  It’s always easier to blame something you can see (like the carrier) when you are unsure of how things happened.