Question

tmobile router

• 21 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’m trying to login to the router using the 192.168.12.1 address but I get an error every time (connection times out). I’ve been tryinbg for a day but no luck. Any suggestions?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I’m trying to login to the router using the 192.168.12.1 address but I get an error every time (connection times out). I’ve been tryinbg for a day but no luck. Any suggestions?

Have you actually connected your device to your gateway first, before trying 192.168.12.1?

What model gateway do you have?

Badge

Thanks for asking. I’m connected except for my printer, which will only connect to a 2.7G channel, whereas my new iphone is 5G. I’m trying to log in to the router so I can see if the D371 (model FAST 5688W) supports running both channels--my idea is to name the 5g “home router” and the 2.7g “printer” (and give the latter a different password). Then my laptop and phone connect tot he 5g and just this one older printer to the 2.7. I’ve tried doing this using the tmobile internet app but it only allows me to select one channel or the other.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for asking. I’m connected except for my printer, which will only connect to a 2.7G channel, whereas my new iphone is 5G. I’m trying to log in to the router so I can see if the D371 (model FAST 5688W) supports running both channels--my idea is to name the 5g “home router” and the 2.7g “printer” (and give the latter a different password). Then my laptop and phone connect tot he 5g and just this one older printer to the 2.7. I’ve tried doing this using the tmobile internet app but it only allows me to select one channel or the other.

Often times printers need that dedicated 2.4 GHz network in order to connect to the wifi. The web portal (192.168.12.1) is great for seeing diagnostic details for your network, but the real magic happens in the T-Mobile Internet app. Our Home Internet Support page has tutorials and videos available to make this process really easy. Hope this helps. 

Badge

I found an answer that worked in another forum:

Best answer by bocaboy2591

Your problem is pretty common among T-Mobile Internet users. This usually fixes the problem.

Try adding a new WiFi network for the Canon(s). Use the T-Mobile app and tap the Network tab on the bottom, then the “+” button on the lower right. Create a new 2.4 GHz WiFi network with a unique name (SSID), just for your printer. Make sure the WPA type is WPA/WPA2. This is different from your main network which, by default, is WPA2/WPA3.

Now, go to your printer and clear out all of the information you have entered for your printer’s setup and then recreate your wireless connection to the new network you just created. I'll bet you'll be good to go.

Good luck!