tmobile store visit

• 30 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

I went to T-Mobile store to buy an iPhone. I have an old iPhone and was sprint customer for 15 years, having had to switch to T-Mobile last year.  All the rep did was try to sell me extra stuff..He added apple care without asking if I wanted it.  He then told me I owed $123 and nothing was itemized. When asked to explain the amount one item was $35 charge for up grade.  In other words I had to pay $35 to listen to endless sales pitches. I asked to speak to manager; I was told the only way to avoid charge was to order online. I did that and got message we can’t process trade in. Same thing happened next day

so it is all a big scam. All I wanted was to buy new phone and now it looks like I have to find new carrier as well 

I no longer trust T-Mobile I cecked and T-Mobile sales rep work on commission especially for accessories no surprise there

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I did my last upgrade at Best Buy,  no hard sell or added fee.

Badge

Thanks. Yes I have decided I will go to apple store if I stay with T-Mobile. Apple respects it’s customers

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I no longer trust T-Mobile I cecked and T-Mobile sales rep work on commission especially for accessories no surprise there

all the carriers do this..this isnt exactly a TMO only deal.

Badge

as I am now thinking of changing carriers , i see major complaints about all of them. Sprint who I was with for 15 years did not do this. When i bought my iphone , there, there were no discounts and the rep offered to discount my bill for 3 months without me asking. Alas they are gone. So I had never had this experience before. 

When you go into buy a phone, you should leave happy and with your phone. I would think that maintaining customers should be their priority rather than selling an accessory .. It was worse than going to a car dealership

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

this happened over with Sprint as well but mainly at their 3rd party owned stores.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

in store sales people receive commission to up sale just the nature of sales at some places. also that 35.00 charge is common for making upgrades in store. as for the online problem that has happened to others as well.

Badge

thanks for your response. I think the online problem is a scam . Even when I called tmobile and told them i had tried for three days to buy phone online; they didn’t offer to waive the $35 fee. So basically you can’t buy a phone online with trade-in. One of the reps said to try the tmobile app but I haven’t done that…

I can’t believe but I am actually considering xfinity-if i a going to be jerked around might as well pay less money. I have tv, home phone  and internet with them and I hate them . the services are great but trying to get help when you need it is awful.   Where i live it is the only choice.

Most of my friends have verizon and don’t have complaints but they are more expensive

Anyone have any recommendations

Badge

you know if they had been upfront about the 35$ , I wouldn’t have minded it. If they said we are going to help you set up your new phone and there is a charge. Instead of don’t you want to buy an apple watch. Which case do  you want etc etc. I felt like i was paying to listen to this sales pitch. Actually they should reverse things. If you are going to come into store, they are going to do heavy duty sales  pitch, so it should be free to upgrade phone in store. But charge for buying online, since they can’t make sales pitch.