Question

Tmobile wont accept credit card

• 9 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

trying to add my chase credit card which is a master card.. “sorry, we can’s accept this payment” anyone have this problem? it does not work on autopay or wallet .. but it lets me add any other cards i have.. does tmobile not accept mastercard no more??

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile still accepts credit cards for payment.  Using a credit card disqualifies you from getting the autopay discount as if August 4th 2023.  You should still be able to save your credit card to your account and manually pay your bill with it each month.  My Visa card is still on my account.

Badge

@syaoran , autopay accept my other credit cards which are visa cards … i cant even save master card on wallet .. “Opps, we’re having little trouble” is the error i get when trying to add to wallet or try to save it..i even try it on app on phone.

Its actually Aug. 15th 2023 when you’ll no longer get a $15 discount with autopay using a credit card.

Obviously management wasn’t the smartest on the block now only accepting checking or debt cards for the $15 autopay discount.

Apparently they don’t know using debt cards t-mobile will also be charged a fee using a debt card for payments. 

So since T mobile is being foolish with credit cards because of the added fee, it didn’t take a rocket scientist to stick it back to them by using a debt card.

I won’t get any cash back but I’ll have the satisfaction of rubbing it back in when t mobile is charged a fee from my debt checking account to pay my bill and get the $15 autopay discount.  

One more possible reason to switch to Consumer Cellular, they accept CC’s. 

@syaoran , autopay accept my other credit cards which are visa cards … i cant even save master card on wallet .. “Opps, we’re having little trouble” is the error i get when trying to add to wallet or try to save it..i even try it on app on phone.

I am still getting that error message through the app and online. I've been told by support there is no issue and to clear my cookies and cache which I have done multiple times. Only accepts my card payment over the phone. Have you been able to find out why?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I am still getting that error message through the app and online. I've been told by support there is no issue and to clear my cookies and cache which I have done multiple times. Only accepts my card payment over the phone. Have you been able to find out why?

I haven't been able to replicate the issue myself.  All 3 of the cards I tried, it let me enter and use.  However,the system did misidentify my TD debit card as a Visa for some reason.

T-Mobile excepts all cards debt/credit cards, if it’s a credit card then you won’t get the $15 discount for autopay because of the added fee.

They want a checking account or debt card.
So I used my debt card which also has a fee they charge T-Mobile. 

it shows that these people making this inconvenience isn’t all that smart in the end.

I get the “Hmm, let's try that again error”.  I had customer service try it, she couldn't get it to work. I verified that the account is good at the bank. Xfinity took my money just fine for the bill with the same info.   I reinput the info 3x and deleted it and started over 2x...Yet, T-Mobile is unable to make it work.  They do not know why it wont work

Not accepting credit cards in a business is a major oversight and reflects poor strategic judgment. It's crucial in today's market to offer credit card payment options, as it's not merely a matter of convenience but a fundamental necessity. By sidestepping credit card payments to evade fees, businesses not only hinder their operations but also greatly diminish the customer experience. Such a myopic approach can lead to a considerable decrease in customer base, as consumers tend to prefer competitors who provide greater payment versatility. The advantages of credit card transactions, especially regarding tax deductions, are significant and should not be overlooked. This isn't a trivial error; it's a conspicuous gap in strategy that might severely impact the company's future success and competitive position.

Believing that avoiding credit card fees is beneficial overlooks a critical point: companies won't simply absorb the loss of these processing fees. Instead, they're likely to compensate by imposing fees on debit card transactions, effectively shifting the cost in another direction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Not accepting credit cards in a business is a major oversight and reflects poor strategic judgment. It's crucial in today's market to offer credit card payment options, as it's not merely a matter of convenience but a fundamental necessity. By sidestepping credit card payments to evade fees, businesses not only hinder their operations but also greatly diminish the customer experience. Such a myopic approach can lead to a considerable decrease in customer base, as consumers tend to prefer competitors who provide greater payment versatility. The advantages of credit card transactions, especially regarding tax deductions, are significant and should not be overlooked. This isn't a trivial error; it's a conspicuous gap in strategy that might severely impact the company's future success and competitive position.

Believing that avoiding credit card fees is beneficial overlooks a critical point: companies won't simply absorb the loss of these processing fees. Instead, they're likely to compensate by imposing fees on debit card transactions, effectively shifting the cost in another direction.

Tmobile accepts credit cards but you don't get the autopay discount.