Question

transferring from tmob to verizon, account sus

• 25 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

So I’m trying to port my number from T-Mobile to Verizon; got my new Verizon phone in the mail & account “set up” but Verizon says it’s suspended… no idea why. I’ve literally had this acct w them for like 4 days. I’m guessing that either A) initially I got a transfer pin from T-Mobile but then ended up stalling switching to V, maybe when I finally decided to set up my acct the transfer pin expired? Or B) I owe my past due bill to T-Mobile, & they wasted no time suspending my acct for non payment. This was the case when I switched. But I’ve read (even on tmob website) that even if your acct is sus you can still get a transfer pin… and that phone cos aren’t allowed to not let you switch due to past due bill? Anyone know what’s going on and what I can do to fix it? 

3 replies

I was trying to port over my number to Metro pcs using my transfer Pin aswell, and Metro told me that they couldn't put it over bcuz my account was suspended.. LMAO bcuz I had a 0 balance owed. But when I called T-Mobile they said that they Don't port over their numbers... I said then take off the option to request a transfer Pin, unless they enjoy having court claims. They claim that they recycle their numbers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

they get recycled after i believe 60 days.  so zero balance or not..was the account still in place and active before attempting the switch over to Metro...or Verizon for that matter?

or did you both pay off your account with TMO then close it THEN attempted to move over to M or V?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

So I’m trying to port my number from T-Mobile to Verizon; got my new Verizon phone in the mail & account “set up” but Verizon says it’s suspended… no idea why. I’ve literally had this acct w them for like 4 days. I’m guessing that either A) initially I got a transfer pin from T-Mobile but then ended up stalling switching to V, maybe when I finally decided to set up my acct the transfer pin expired? Or B) I owe my past due bill to T-Mobile, & they wasted no time suspending my acct for non payment. This was the case when I switched. But I’ve read (even on tmob website) that even if your acct is sus you can still get a transfer pin… and that phone cos aren’t allowed to not let you switch due to past due bill? Anyone know what’s going on and what I can do to fix it? 

The issue is most likely A) the temporary port-out PIN expired. They are only good for 7 days. 

I was trying to port over my number to Metro pcs using my transfer Pin aswell, and Metro told me that they couldn't put it over bcuz my account was suspended.. LMAO bcuz I had a 0 balance owed. But when I called T-Mobile they said that they Don't port over their numbers... I said then take off the option to request a transfer Pin, unless they enjoy having court claims. They claim that they recycle their numbers.

We do allow phone numbers to be ported out. I am wondering if the person that you spoke with meant that we (T-Mobile) don’t port numbers to Metro through our systems. Sometimes the way things are said can be kind of vague, but if you want to take your number to Metro by T-Mobile, the request has to be done from Metro because we cannot push the phone number to them. From your post it seems like this is what you had already done and were calling after the fact for help when you got the error. I think the person may have just been a little confused. 

The only other thing that I can think of that could cause the port to come back as “account suspended” is if you have our Takeover Protection feature. It is a free feature and gives another layer of protection against someone taking your phone number from us to another carrier without your authorization. In order to remove that feature, you would need to contact our customer service by calling, messaging in the app, opening a live chat, or direct messaging us on Facebook or Twitter. 

Hope this helps.