Solved

Transferring phone number from postpaid to prepaid

• 30 April 2020
  • 2 replies

I've been on the phone with T-mobile for over one week and have not gotten a result yet. I recently left my employer and want to keep the phone number. I was on a business postpaid line and have bought a prepaid SIM. I have tried many times to transfer my number to my temporary prepaid sim/phone but haven't been able to. I keep getting transferred to multiple T-mobile departments who 'successfully' port the number yet, there is no change. Has this happened to anyone else? What's the resolution here?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 30 April 2020, 13:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you aren't the account holder of the account you are trying to transfer the number from, then you won't be able to port that number.  If you get the account holder from your former place of employment to port it out for you or have them call in to confirm they authorize the number to be ported out, then there should be no issues.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

That's correct. You will need to have the account holder make the changes of the account is not under your name. If this is your account you shouldn't have any problems.