Question

Understanding Trade In Promos.

• 4 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

A lot of complaints on phone trade in not honored. 

As a probable new customer, am I correct in this thought process.  

The promo says, up to $ 800 with trade.  ™ says the trade in value is only $ 130.

You get a reply saying your phones qualifies for only  $ 100.

That means the promo portion would be either $ 700, or $ 670.

People are posting photos of a $ 100, when they expected $ 800.

Won’t the promo part show up later.?

It’s just not that clear.

4 replies

Badge

A lot of complaints on phone trade in not honored. 

As a probable new customer, am I correct in this thought process.  

The promo says, up to $ 800 with trade.  ™️ says the trade in value is only $ 130.

You get a reply saying your phones qualifies for only  $ 100.

That means the promo portion would be either $ 700, or $ 670.

People are posting photos of a $ 100, when they expected $ 800.

Won’t the promo part show up later.?

It’s just not that clear.

NEGATIVE! So Trade-In value is up to $800 depending on the device and condition. So if you are trading in an S22 Ultra 5G in perfect condition you would currently owe around 600 to 800 on your current lease. The Trade In value on the S22 will be $600 from T-mobile therefore they are essentially paying off your remaining payoff amount over the next 24 months. So $600 ÷24 = $25 dollars a month credit. Now add in your new device cost of 1200 to 2000k and you still have a 50 dollar/month device payment plus the 25 you owed on previous lease which is being paid by T-Mobile each month. Now you can Sign up for a New Magenta Maxx Unlimited Plan and you may qualify for another $400 Credit. Trick is you cannot combine 2 T-Mobile offers, however if you go through the Samsung Website and Trade your device in to Samsung they will give you an instant $600 Credit. Then you can pay over 12 months through them or you can go directly to T-Mobile from the Samsung site and get whatever offer they are offering to new customers. T-Mobile is Giving new lines a S23 + free with 2 yr Device plan. Which means you're not going to be getting the phone for a week or more from Samsung anyway so finance through them..get the extra 100 dollars accessory credit & Go to T-Mobile when the new phone comes. You'll get Whatever New Device Plan T-Mobile is offering to new customers and you will get a Watch or Tablet free with line activation. https://www.t-mobile.com/offers 

Badge

TRADE IN THROUGH SAMSUNG TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF BOTH SAMSUNG AND T-MOBILE OFFERS. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/trade-in/ 

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

For T-Mobile Trade-ins, the up to whatever ($800 in this example) means whatever they value your device at ($100) with the remainder ($700) being divided by the EIP term.  If that EIP term is 24 months, then you would receive the $700 ÷ 24 = $29.16 per month in a credit until the 24 months is complete.

I signed up on line for TMobile with my wife for the 55plus for two lines and a 5G gateway internet router. We were promised an 800$ credit toward a new Iphone 14ProMax with return of my iphone 11. I was told that i would receive a return label for this phone. I was not sent this form with the rest of the equipment.  I tried taking it to a store and they said that I could not return it there. I’ve called many times and escalated my call to supervisors. I still have been able to return the phone and not gotten credit. I’m not happy with the customer service at TMobile. I’ve already talked to an alternate service provider and will likely be changing providers unless this is properly resolved soon!