Question

undoing a plan change?

• 26 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

My mom was talked into changing her plan with some promises by the sales staff that weren’t the whole truth, losing her really good plan that she was on. Is there any way to undo that change? This is actually extremely upsetting. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You will either have to reach out to Customer Care at 611 or send a DM to T-Mobile Facebook or Twitter to see if it is possible to revert the plan.  If the plan she changed from is a grandfathered plan that is not longer available.  It will not be possible to return to something the system no longer has to offer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

mind including what said changes/promises were supposed to be and what plan yall were on before it was changed?

Badge

Of course it’s from a grandfathered plan. All plans older than a few months are grandfathered plans I think now, no?

Badge

mind including what said changes/promises were supposed to be and what plan yall were on before it was changed?

I’m not sure of all of the specifics yet, it was an over 55 plan, but the big one is the hot spot changes. Used to be unlimited high speed (with throttling for the biggest users “at times when the network needs it”) to now being 50Gigs of high speed before switching to 600k. She was promised there were no differences. Also, one plus international is $25 a month extra now for whatever that is, and I don’t think it was that before.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

looks like shes now on the Go5G Plus 55 plan.

for the unlimited hot spot deal there..their cut off for what they would consider a abuser of data would be anywhere between 30-50GB...then they dump them down to 3G speeds..now they just have it set in stone as the cut off..i rarely go over 20GB of data just on the phone and i consider myself a decent enough power user..

and drastically less for hotspot usage..

so what are the changes that are affecting you guys?