Question

Unusable Virtual MasterCard

• 24 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, T-Mobile Community; I am frustrated beyond imagination and this is my last stop before heading towards the Better Business Bureau.  I am unable to get any answers and at this point in time, I’m out a nice chunk of money.

I cannot access the funds on my ‘Virtual MasterCard’ that I received as a rebate for paying off my phone and joining T-Mobile.  I was told to contact the company (NorthLane) and provided a phone number (just a phone tree, no chance of reaching a human being) and a website where I left a message and no one has gotten back to me.

I need to be able to get the funds off the ‘virtual MasterCard’ and back to my bank from where I paid off my phone.  My bank will only take PHYSICAL cards, not virtual.  I’m left with a large debt (that I’m paying interest on, btw) and no way to access the funds promised me.

I cannot find any number, team or body at T-Mobile that I can speak with to elevate this issue and I’m afraid I have made a terrible mistake leaving my previous carrier for T-Mobile. 

Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction of someone I can discuss this with?!?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Virtual prepaid cards have different rules.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/new-to-tmobile/promotional-cards-credits-and-rebates

This prepaid card has been a pain in the you know what! I was told I could add it to Google pay wallet to use it, and that has been tested over and over. It doesn’t work. I actually ended up having to pay my remaining Verizon balance from my own account since the card number wasn’t working. Everything I want to use it on is a POP purchase, and the digital wallet function definitely doesn’t work. I guess I’ll have to buy stuff online that I don’t need until the balance is depleted. Crappy offer Tmobile.