Question

Visiting the USA

• 6 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello there,

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. I am from The Netherlands, and I will be visiting the USA next months for a holiday of 3,5 weeks. I would really like to buy a prepaid SIM-card with unlimited internet, for example the ‘Unlimited’ on this page: https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

However, I want to be sure it stops after a month. How can I avoid that the plan goes on after a month. The reason I'm a bit scared is that 5 years ago I also visited the USA. I bought a SIM card at a local T-Mobile store and they assured me that the fee I paid (I don’t remember anymore how much it was) would be for one month. However, that time I left the USA after 2,5 weeks, threw the SIM card away and then two months later, the friend whose address I used received mail from a debt collecting agency. In the end T-mobile forgave the debt but I was really frustrated that the plan went on after a month while I explicitly told the store employees that I would only need it for a month.

So what should I do. As you can understand, I do not want my friends to receive mail from debt collectors. I just want to be online for 3,5 weeks and then everything needs to stop.

Any advice is welcome!

Best wishes, Arno

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you buy a prepaid plan the account will cancel once the funds run out per the Tmobile terms and conditions.