Question

Visual Voicemail "detected a new SIM card"

• 23 May 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I’ve had my phone for over 7 months now and every time I try to log into Visual Voicemail I get the following message “We have detected a new SIM card and are confirming your account status. Please check back soon”. I have tried clearing my data/cache and it works once, then I get the same message again.

5 replies

Yes me too. Same issue. Can only access voicemail by dialing 1. I want to use the t mobile voicemail app but can't. 

Badge

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app per a T-Mobile support call. It did not change anything. I was supposed to receive a call back, but never did.

The notification just popped up on my phone for the first time.

I have been having the same issue after getting a new Samsung Galaxy S22 this week to replace my lost Samsung Galaxy S10. 

I fixed this on my phone by doing the following (in order): 

1. Be sure the Visual Voicemail App is closed. 

2. Settings>App settings>visual voicemail>Storage, Clear Data

3. Settings>App settings>visual voicemail>Permissions, enable all permissions. I granted all permissions.  Perhaps they are not all needed but I have not gone back to see if any of them can be removed without upsetting Visual Voicemail again.

I have been having the same issue after getting a new Samsung Galaxy S22 this week to replace my lost Samsung Galaxy S10. 

I fixed this on my phone by doing the following (in order): 

1. Be sure the Visual Voicemail App is closed. 

2. Settings>App settings>visual voicemail>Storage, Clear Data

3. Settings>App settings>visual voicemail>Permissions, enable all permissions. I granted all permissions.  Perhaps they are not all needed but I have not gone back to see if any of them can be removed without upsetting Visual Voicemail again.

Sadly it only works until the app is closed then the process needs redone ahaom. Best fix thus far!!