Solved

Visual Voicemail is a fail

For weeks Visual Voicemail has been just about worthless. Constant "try again in couple of hours" or "greeting not changed" or "unable to sync" messages. Meanwhile, in the Play store the app is getting one-star reviews and complaints by the buckets.

I have a business plan with four phones and can't change greetings. If you don't get this fixed soon we're going to start talking about compensation.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 9 August 2019, 00:47

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 5

you can always call your own number or long press the number one on your dialer and go to voicemail and change your greeting there.

Userlevel 3

Hey, @popvid​!

I'm sorry such a simple change has been a pain. How long has this been going on? Are you on the latest update for VVM (visual voicemail)? Our teams have also mentioned if you're still having issues after using the latest update, to backup your device and complete a master reset. If you need steps on backing up your info and completing a master reset, please let me know what type of phone you're using.

Ok, let's look at a couple of facts.

1. snn555 gives a work around, which is technically correct, but does not address the complaint I have, which is Visual Voicemail, a product published by or through T-Mobile isn't working.

2. Amanda...There are dozens, and I mean dozens of one-star reviews and complaints about VVM on the Google Play store. If one will look at the dates on those they will find that in the past couple of months the product has completely broken. TODAY--just today (August 5, 2019) there have been 17 one-star reviews and 3 two-stars. The facts show my complaint is not an isolated issue. So, to more or less imply that a "simple change" has been such a pain is to ignore the facts (and sounds very patronizing). And no, I will not do a backup and master reset. My phone, an S-7 is up to date on all Android and a brief look at the Play Store reveals I have no pending updates from T-Mobile. Others have tried resetting and have not been successful, so there's no point in wasting my time. I would encourage you to run a Google search on Visual Voicemail and also go to the Play store. Maybe the realization that this is a widespread problem will change your perspective.

Badge

I have experienced the same problem starting mid-July - not receiving visual voice mail. Message received was "unable to fetch voice mail, suggest refreshing the inbox, which did nothing.  I had to uninstall certain Apps and then was able to receive a visual voice mail. Did not have this problem before.

Userlevel 5

I'm going to say that it must be an app issue with T-Mobile. I have built-in visual voicemail on my OnePlus 6t and had the same built-in functionality with my Moto X4.

I had no problem on either one of those so it's not T-Mobile's service that's a problem its T-Mobile's app. It is pretty old and pretty outdated. However that is just the user interface so I cannot speak as to why the functionality doesn't work unless it's just for programming.

also to mention that anytime I try to edit any post it comes out looking like some sort of Ransom note. all of T-Mobile's pages have some sort of issue where they don't load or they don't load completely or the graphics are missing or some such it's always a problem. Still not sure why in this day and age that a tech company cannot get this correct.

It took me 10 minutes to correct and edit this post.

Userlevel 3

@popvid​, I hear you and definitely acknowledge that our VVM app isn't perfect. Resets have been fixing some of the error messages that occur within the app. If the reset doesn't resolve any of the errors, you need to @zh3n​, that's a pain. 😥 I'll see if our devs can take a look at what's going on.

Visual voicemail isn't syncing on my LG G6. I got this phone a month ago, and this has been the case from day one. Geez.

Userlevel 1

Get rid of this visual voicemail app already allow us to use the visual voicemail that's built into our phones that work the app doesn't give notifications it just stops constantly why should I have to keep restarting my phone to get the app to work and refreshing the app to get it to work right and it also doesn't eliminate the voicemail notifications that are from the original phone you have to press it even with restart it keeps coming back disgraceful get rid of this app please

You can fix the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail not working issues by doing following:

• Restart your phone
  • Turn on and turn off Airplane mode
  • Clear cache of voicemail app
  • Reset network settings
  • Disable and re-enable Visual Voicemail
  • Update Visual Voicemail app

There are some more ways to fix this issue. For further help, you can follow his source: Visual Voicemail Not Working On Android

Ever since I switched the sim card to Tmobile, the visual voice mail doesn't work. Never had problems with Sprints. I did the backup and master reset, still no visual voice mail. Samsung A71. I open it up the old fashion way but why should I have to?. Plus, coverage is worse with Tmobile.

Userlevel 1

Ok so yes you can fix the TMobile vvm app, but after a few days it starts glitching again!!! It is a huge inconvenience to have a separate app to do what the native vvm in the dialer would so . TMobile clearly wants you to pay for their premium vvm to get all the features... Disgusting... Give the people back what they are asking for..   This is not the un-carrier way... It's starting to become a joke now... Just give people the option to use native vvm again.... !!!! Stop the charade!!!!

Yesterday’s update installed new a version of VM. IT SUCKS! It wiped my calls, forced me to sign up for premium - which I cancelled one min later - and deleted my working vm’s. The optics suck! I don’t want to make 3 presses to message the caller, I don’t want to transcribe, I don’t want voice to text!!!

I DON’T WANT TO BE PRESSURED INTO BUYING INTO WHAT i DON’T NEED, DON’T WANT, HAVE NO USE FOR! TMOBIL CUSTOMER SINCE 1989 - THIS WILL COME TO AN ABRUPT END TOMORROW!!! 

I WANT THE SIMPLE VM APP I HAD!!! GOODBYE TMOBILE!!!

anyone still having problems rec’d voicemail in a timely manner? 

Yesterday’s update installed new a version of VM. IT SUCKS! It wiped my calls, forced me to sign up for premium - which I cancelled one min later - and deleted my working vm’s. The optics suck! I don’t want to make 3 presses to message the caller, I don’t want to transcribe, I don’t want voice to text!!!

I DON’T WANT TO BE PRESSURED INTO BUYING INTO WHAT i DON’T NEED, DON’T WANT, HAVE NO USE FOR! TMOBIL CUSTOMER SINCE 1989 - THIS WILL COME TO AN ABRUPT END TOMORROW!!! 

I WANT THE SIMPLE VM APP I HAD!!! GOODBYE TMOBILE!!!

I was hoping that wasn't the case. I had saved a vm from my son during boot camp and now it's gone 😭

As of today still not fixed! The guy acknowledged that oh yes it hasn't been working for a month, once I researched it I realized it hasn't been working for years.