Question

Warranty bait and switch

• 26 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Have a Galaxy 22 Ultra that was having constant cycling issues with the network, texts and calls were frequently missed (dozen plus a week).  Placed a warranty claim and after speaking with about 10 support people, I finally got a refurbished phone replacement.  It was on backorder, so it took a while to get it.  The replacement phone is defective and the sound is choppy, such that streaming anything is frustrating and you can't hear anything consistently.... Like, can't make out any words at all.

Had to put in a warranty claim again after only 2 weeks with the phone.  Now after several reps again, it will be over a month to get another replacement AND they feel the need to threaten me about damage to the phone THEY sent me.  

I am seriously ready to speak with an attorney about this.  It is funny that the support script is to say words suggesting empathy but with over 15 people who run me around the block (4 hour chat session tonight).... They all treat you poorly and it is because of Tmobiles policies and practices. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Unfortunately, newer devices are much less common to have refurbished replacements around for.  Replacing your device can be a frustrating process, especially when you get a device in return that also has issues.  Hopefully.your replacement will be to your satisfaction.  

Insurance replacements are through a third party company, usually Assurant or Asurion.  Both are terrible at what they do unfortunately.  

Badge

Actually, the Galaxy 22 Ultra is outgoing, and the 23 is soon out.  However, the greater truth here is that TMO has the ability to replace with a new phone, from inventory at any store and they CHOOSE not to.  The warranty agreement states they MAY replace with a refurbished phone.... Not will.  TMO is clearly not the same company they once were and I will soon leave... But not before I tell everyone I can about how awful they are to work with and how they screw their customers over and over, never stepping up and doing the right thing.