Question

warrenty issues

• 3 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

So, I have the Samsung S22 Ultra, and it broke a while ago. I can’t remember the exact date. But I’ve been using an iPhone as a backup. Well, I’ve been trying to do a warranty claim today, and they are saying my phone wasn’t ‘active’ on the date that I put (as I said, I don’t remember the exact date).

I have been on the phone for 2 hours and am still on it, but their customer service is awful. I’ve been getting transferred back and forth from T-Mobile to Assurant multiple times and have made zero progress. Does anyone have any idea what to do? Also, if they, for whatever reason, aren’t covering the device they sold me a warranty for, why am I still being billed for protection? How can they charge for a product that they aren’t even offering me? To say I am furious is an understatement. I am thinking of switching to Verizon and just not paying off the rest of the device. I will take the credit hit for the principle of it.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You always need to do a warranty exchange right away before inverting the Sim in a different phone since the insurance is on the line not the phone.