Solved

Way way too slow Data Speed, can't even streaming Apple Music

• 24 December 2019
  • 9 replies

My address is xxxxxxxxxxx, 90010.

I've been complaining that i get really slow data speed with 1 or 2 bars most of the time.

I can't even streaming Pandora or Apple music.

I can sometimes watch Youtube with144p Lowest picture quality. if i try 240p or 360p, then it starts buffer like crazy.

I asked this to a Tmobile Rep before, then she told me i should switch to a different carrier.

I guess i should do that. tmobile can't keep up with other carriers i believe.

All of my other colleagues who uses Verizon have the fastest data speed of around 10 to 20 mbps.

Sprint and AT&T get about 5 to 10 mbps. and guess what? my T-mobile gets , i don't know because, i can't even run a speedtest since the data speed is too slow to test. must be less than .50 mpbs.

Many times i can't even open webpages.

I use Iphone 11 pro and Samsung note 8. they both have the same problem.

I am seriously thinking about switching to a different carrier.

There's nothing you can do about this?

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 10 February 2020, 23:00

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!  These forums can be read by anyone and most of the peoe here are customers, just like yourself.

gyojoo wrote:

There's nothing you can do about this?

T-Mobile is trying to merge with Sprint in order to obtain a better mix of spectrum, to alleviate the exact problem you describe. At this time,  your state's attorney general is in federal court suing to prevent the merger.

I wanted to share my location. so other people in the same area with the same problem can also post how bad the service is.

My location is XXXXXXXXXXX 90010.

There are at least few thousands people working in the building and many of T mobile users are having the same problem then T-mobile should do something about this.

(Edited by tmo_ian to remove personal information)

I meant to share my location. But somebody altered my original posting by deleting the address i put.

Many people in the same area with the same problem can also post how bad the service is.

My location is

XXXXXXXXXX 90010.

There are many other tall buildings in the area.

There are at least few thousands people working in the building and if many of other T mobile users are having the same problem then T-mobile should do something about this.

by putting some more cell towers in between the buildings or something.

I meant to share my location so other few thousand people who work in the area can also raise the problem with the network.

This is nothing to do with the merger. All i need is just another cell tower in the area that can cover the two big buildings at this location.

Only solution is that tmobile puts another cell tower in the area that can cover the whole two big buildings. I know there is one on Western Ave but that is blocked by a tall condo building. People at XXXXXXXXX 90010 are suffering from the data speed slower than the 3G network.

Just put one cell tower in the fountain area in between the two big buildings at this location. I can assure this will resolve the problem for at least few hundred to a thousand people working in the buildings.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

If you've already completed our Internet and data issues | T-MOBILE SUPPORT troubleshooting, the next step is to call us so our Expert can take a look at your account, possibly complete additional troubleshooting, and get it to the right team for assistance.

We have 4 out of 5 bars and can't use the data most days, texts randomly stop working, calls drop or won't connect at all. We just dealt with T-mobile on twitter who said a tower got fixed, yet on the phone literally now with CS saying there was never anything fixed, then someone from Tech support saying it is our brand new phones, not the tower. It is honestly ridiculous, we have 5 phones on our account, 3 different model phones, still have same issues on all 5. Clearly it is a tower issue that to this day has never been fixed, and it's been years of off and on issues. So we can totally relate, I keep being told by T-mobile fanboys that we get great deals and should just deal with the problems, really? Well we pay the same amount or more for service and most people would expect it to work!