Solved

Web Guard and mobile hotspot

• 16 May 2018
  • 4 replies

I have Web Guard enabled and set to young adult. It seems to do an alright job blocking adult sites on my smartphone, but when I enable mobile hotspot and connect with a PC, I found to my dismay I could reach all the sites now inaccessible on my phone.

I have two questions:

1. I would like Web Guard to protect all traffic to/from the T-mobile network, including devices connected to my phone's mobile hotspot. Is there a way to do this?

2. Is there any way to permanently remove adult sites from my account? I'm a little worried one of my boys will figure out a way to disable Web Guard even if I set a password. I'd like to remove that as a possibility.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 10 March 2021, 20:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4

This is a super interesting one. I always thought that webguard blocked it at the network level but it seems like it is only doing it when accessing it from the device. I am going to reach out to the support teams on this one and let you know what I find out.

Userlevel 4

Chris is still doing some research on this for you, but we'll update once we know more!

-Lauren

any updates on this.  i need url’s while on hotspot blocked as well.

Thank you,

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
  1. Web Guard is a great way to filter content like this, but this isn’t the end-all-be-all for content filtering. It should work as long as the line in question has the feature. 
  2. The sites accessed in the past wouldn’t be tied to the account, but rather the browser the device is going through. You’d need to clear the browser history and cache to delete out sites that were visited already.