Question

Why are Prosecutors not considered "Law Enforcement Employees/Professionals?"

• 5 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

After over a week of back and forth, my documents for the Magenta FS plan were rejected. I am a prosecutor who works on a taskforce primarily concerned with investigations, warrants, and other pre-trial matters rather than traditional “lawyer” work. Finally, today, a manager at my local T-Mobile told me that my role simply does not qualify under their internal guidelines. Though I was initially placed on the plan, I’ll be taken off next month. What the heck?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The discount is defined as First Responders.  You are not a First Responder.

Badge

That would make sense if the eligibility requirements left it at that, but they include terms such as “law enforcement professional” and “law enforcement employee” alongside other titles such as detective, investigator, police officer, corrections officer, etc. In fact, corrections officers, detectives, and investigators are certainly not classic “first responders” and tend to work in a secondary capacity (CO’s are more complicated than that). In fact, my task force includes several detectives and investigators. 

So why would those members of my unit doing a very similar job under a different title, all employees of the same office, be eligible, while APs are not? I was hoping I could get insight from those who navigated similar issues before.

Source: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/first-responder-verification

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Nobody on this board has the authority to determine whether you qualify or not since it is totally within TMO’s internal decision. There are only TMO customers and TMO community managers on this forum. You can always try your luck on TMO twitter and FB channels.