Question

Why TMobile is down today?

Badge

I been trying to make calls. Nobody can call me or text me.  All day been like that. Very upstet

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are there any other TMO phones around you in the same area? and if yes are they seeing the same thing or no? and what all have you attempted on your side to try and fix it?

Badge

Yes, couple coworkers and family members too and they have the same issues.  We restarted couple times but still not working/no calls, not connection, no text message.  Been like that all day.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

since others not on your account are seeing this as well im going to go out on a limb and guess there is a tower issue with the tower that covers that area..you will need to either call in or contact TMO through Facebook or Twitter and put in a network ticket to have it looked into.

I don’t know where you’re located, but this started happening in Austin, TX a few weeks ago. After multiple calls to customer service they finally said that they are “modernizing” the nearby tower and their only suggestion was to buy a new phone, even though mine is listed as fully compatible on their website! I’m not willing to do that since it still works fine on other towers. I have resigned myself to using “wifi calling” while at home and the network elsewhere. But it’s a pain because I have to switch back and forth manually every time I leave or return home.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I don't have to change settings. I use wifi at home and it switches to cellular when I leave the house then back to wifi when I get back home.

I don't have to change settings. I use wifi at home and it switches to cellular when I leave the house then back to wifi when I get back home.

That’s great! May I ask what phone you have? Also, do you happen to know if either “cellular preferred” or “wifi preferred” are selected in your settings?

That’s great! May I ask what phone you have? Also, do you happen to know if either “cellular preferred” or “wifi preferred” are selected in your settings?

Oops, I see your device now. But I still wonder about the settings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Go to your  settings, network, select the wifi you are using long press on the network and a settings screen shows then scroll down and select automatically connect.

Go to your  settings, network, select the wifi you are using long press on the network and a settings screen shows then scroll down and select automatically connect.

Yes, it automatically connects to wifi, but it won’t automatically use wifi calling unless I put the phone in airplane mode first, even though I have it set to wifi calling preferred.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That must be a perk of Android 12 since I received a call today and it state TMobile wifi calling.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes, it automatically connects to wifi, but it won’t automatically use wifi calling unless I put the phone in airplane mode first, even though I have it set to wifi calling preferred.

i doubt its related to another app messing with things..as much as i hate to say it you might opt to perform a factory reset on your device to see if this improves things..if you have to kick it into airplane mode to get it to start using WFC then there is a issue somewhere.