Question

Your Sales Reps

• 21 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Since Verizon 5g Home Internet is not available where I am (I am a Verizon Wireless customer of over a decade), I called T-Mobile to see about home internet service. Here are the LIES they told me:

Lie #1 - You cannot get equipment any way other than a phone or internet order

Truth - No, you can get it in the store, but you need to sign up for new service in the store. When you make the order it ties the equipment to the account so that they can track when it is returned or has to be swapped.

So now I need to wait for my equipment to arrive when I could have had it same day, and actually need a faster internet connection for work than what I have.

Lie #2 - Pay us $12 for shipping, it will be there by Friday…

Truth - They are sending me the wireless router and some worthless (to me) Google TV device I will never use. They shipped the Google TV device and it will get to me January 24th… As for my router (the only thing that matters), it has been over 24 hours and nothing has shipped that I can see at all. No email sent, the only link I have shows this Google TV device. 

Lie #3 - Guaranteed speeds of 100mbps download and 24mbps upload

Truth - This is my fault for trusting the sales person, I was in a WalMart when I called and did not find the actual technical specs page on the T-Mobile website. 

Here is what that reads:

• ​​​Download Speeds: Typically between 37 – 115 Mbps
  • Upload Speeds: Typically between 8 – 24 Mbps

Currently I get 80mbps download CONSISTENTLY and 8mbps upload CONSISTENTLY.

Long and short of this is that I now have a connection that might be SLOWER downloads, and THE SAME upload speed of what I am looking to replace.

I also paid $12 for no reason at all to get 1 day shipping that did not happen.

I could have gone to a store and gotten all my gear on my own and at least tested it out by now.

As a sales person my entire adult life, I have had to mount a defense when people say that salespeople are terrible, but this is so far a lousy experience.

I will get it whenever I get it (January 24th?) and will test it. 

I certainly hope I fall into the 115/24 camp, but if I do not, this was a bunch of wasted time for nothing at all.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Oh boy. This is a really rough experience you had and I’m sorry this happened. We do have resources online to check your eligibility for Home Internet in your area before you sign up for it, so I’m surprised this wasn’t giving to you prior to you getting it.  As for getting it at a store instead of over the phone, that would depend on the stores inventory, but seems like you know that already now. I personally don’t like to give folks guaranteed speeds because speeds vary. Again, something else I’m sure you already know. All in all, I wish this service experience would’ve gone much better for you. If there’s something we can do to help more, you can reach out here, or discuss more with our Care team.