Question

Activation Problems

• 29 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I got the new sim card this morning but I can't text or call and I called customer service 5 times and all they say is turn the phone off and on to no avail. Right now I think the texting works but I can't call anyone it says network unavailable. And just when I think it's working it just says searching .....I can't believe this. Please help. The phone is a ZTE Prime A7.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The device only supports bands 2 and 4 for 4G.  If those bands are not available where you are.  That might be the issue.  Being able to text though, tells me your device is not VoLTE compatible, which is required for your device to be able to make and receive calls on the T-Mobile network.   

Badge

Ok,so what's the solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Get a device that is compatible with the T-Mobile' network and T-Mobile's implementation of VoLTE.

Badge

Can you suggest what kind of phone and where do I purchase it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

A device purchased from a T-Mobile store will offer you the best experience on the T-Mobile network.

Badge

Is Metro the same as T-Mobile? There's a Metro store nearby ..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Metro is a T-Mobile brand.  Some devices are locked to Metro while others that are SIM locked, still work with T-Mobile SIM's.  See if you can try it before you buy it.  You don't want to buy a device you can't use with your T-Mobile SIM.