Question

Alcatel Joy tab 2 crashes after system update

• 24 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

The last five or six times my Joy Tab 2 tablet has received a system up date it has crashed it completely. I end up on a screen that says the data is corrupted and the choice to restart or factory reset.

Restarting doesn't fix the problem so I end up doing a factory reset. 

I have no idea why this keeps happening, but it's irritating! 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

any luck?

Badge

Unfortunately nope. I'm going to try removing my sd card next time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how much internal memory do you have still freed up?

Badge

Right now I have 9.81 gb.

I think you have given me an idea. I am going to uninstall everything that has a cloud backup before I do a system update. See if that solves it.

One of my alcatel tablets has failed. It has no image or text. If you try to turn it on it glows for a few seconds then shuts off.

when I first joined t-mobile the sales criminal offered me two of these outdated and poor quality tablets “for free”. I explained thst I am retired  and dOn’t want the ectra lines. He said it was a “gift” from T-mobile and that there would be “absolutely no charge”, that it was a free gift from the company. I told him several times that I didn’t want them and didn’t want any higher bill. I already have two lines of Magenta Max. Well, he lied to me. His managers surely know that he lied. I’m sure others have complained. Now the crap I was tricked into doesn’t work. I would never recommend T-Monile to anyone.