Question

android 12

• 19 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

when will the s20 ultra be getting the new android 12 update?  Seems like t-mobile is dragging their feet when it comes to updates for their phones.

5 replies

I got the Android 12 update on my S20 FE a few days ago but not on my wife's S20 yet. I guess they are releasing it gradually now.

yeah it's getting ridiculous. all the other carries have released the update. we'll be getting ours in August - watch...

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I got the Android 12 update on my S20 FE a few days ago but not on my wife's S20 yet. I guess they are releasing it gradually now.

theyre doing a pretty slow batch release due to a number of previous issues they had with 12. smaller batches are easier to shut down if more problems pop up rather than tanking a TON of phones.

Badge +1

Tmobile wake up.. Samsung has approved v13 for the S20 Ultra yet Tmobile has not even updated to 12…. still stuck on 11.   How frustrating!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Tmobile wake up.. Samsung has approved v13 for the S20 Ultra yet Tmobile has not even updated to 12…. still stuck on 11.   How frustrating!

that might be on you seeing as how the S20 Ultra and its like devices are currently getting 13 developed for them..

unless Samsung bypassed 12 due to all the issues they had and are now pushing 13 to it instead..but i havent heard of any devices that actually skipped it.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates