Solved

Android 12 Update for oneplus 7t Pro 5G McLaren

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

How long did it take to complete android 12 version for OnePlus 7t pro 5G?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 25 October 2022, 20:54

View original

112 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

So is Android 12 ready for the OnePlus 7T pro McLaren yet??? Been waiting all year… my phone's starting to do weird things.

You Too! I noticed that as well. I thought I'd was my internet but nope. Lags, freezes, response issues. Incoming Call and WiFi hearing issues. This phone was great at first but updates started coming out for other phones os and T-Mobile is still playing around. At this rate they should just skip 12 and boost us to 13. Makes no sense for T-Mobile to send out 12 when it's been out since 2021 already and feets are dragging this long. Only reason why I haven't tried rooted and replaced is stability, camera function, and encryption. Any solutions or options since we might not be getting an update? 

BTW I've got the 7TPro. McLaren edition

Hey all! I know everyone is looking on a clear-cut expectation of when the Android 12 update is coming. I did some digging and was able to get confirmation that development work is still being done and expected release is December 2022.

I know that is still a while away, and if you are having issues now, that may not be the most helpful. We have some other troubleshooting things that can be done in order to fix software hiccups like you are seeing. Before I start making suggestions, what steps have you already taken to try and resolve the issues you are seeing? @TCBelly @ZetaRayZed13 

Userlevel 3
Badge

They told you any expected date???

Userlevel 2

Any update about update 

Any news about update???

Yes--they said if maan.mani keeps asking, they will devote more resources to it.
Maybe you just haven’t been asking enough.

Userlevel 2

They did not tell me a date. If anyone tells me a date I will post it.

Then contact them again and ask them expected date

That’s a good idea. I am however content to wait, believing that it is being developed, and also believing that they can’t tell me a date.

If you don’t want to wait, you can contact them.

Userlevel 1

So is Android 12 ready for the OnePlus 7T pro McLaren yet??? Been waiting all year… my phone's starting to do weird things.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Half year passed 2022 but still not update come of android 12 ... When it will come???

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ask OP..theyre the ones that handle the updates..as is im almost willing to bet they will end up skipping 12 for you guys and push you into 13 instead.

12 has been a nightmare across the board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If OnePlus was smart, they would skip 12 for the 7T Pro McLaren and go straight to 13.  However, if 12 does roll out, it probably won't be until November at the earliest for the 7T's and 7T Pro McLaren's.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

should have received it but with all the issues they have been running into with 12 compared to the other manufacturers. could still happen but the only ones that’ll be able to answer that one is OP and like any other manufacturer they’ll point fingers at the carrier and vise versa..heck they didnt start kicking out the Beta for 12 to the India variants until around November...and India usually gets the updates well before the states here..Europe period gets them well before us and looking at their site even that was all over the place.

actually just took a look over at their forums. look at this one and the date..cant push to much blame onto a carrier when theyre just starting to release in January...look at the variants its  being sent out to and the areas..theyre just now starting to get it. especially the Global variants...just now starting to get it..and those will get it well before U.S carrier variants.

looks like it’ll include the December security patch as well..

https://community.oneplus.com/circle/1034256502153805826

7/7T forum

one thread i found talking about it..actually just scroll through the above link for the 7/7T  and look at the posts and dates of those threads..not overly promising lol.

https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1237881390193180674

Well, we finally got it, boys!

HD1925_11_F.04

I’m never buying another T-Mobile phone. They’re always bloated with unnecessary, unremovable software and the firmware updates are usually a year or more late.

Userlevel 3
Badge

When i touch more than 3 fingers, touch is unresponsive.... Even touch is not working in flat surface... Typing experience is very bad when i do fast typing... In fast typing it's automatic swap keyboard... T-Mobile should very hard work to remove such kind of bugs in update.. otherwise final solution i have to sell out this device and switch to the pixel mobiles... I'm wonder that OnePlus official rom have much bugs in their devices... Not expect this to OnePlus and TMobile carrier....

Userlevel 2
Badge

You Too! I noticed that as well. I thought I'd was my internet but nope. Lags, freezes, response issues. Incoming Call and WiFi hearing issues. This phone was great at first but updates started coming out for other phones os and T-Mobile is still playing around. At this rate they should just skip 12 and boost us to 13. Makes no sense for T-Mobile to send out 12 when it's been out since 2021 already and feets are dragging this long. Only reason why I haven't tried rooted and replaced is stability, camera function, and encryption. Any solutions or options since we might not be getting an update? 

BTW I've got the 7TPro. McLaren edition

Userlevel 2
Badge

Will this work for the HD 1925? I saw these while back but didn't try since I didn't see the correct model and didn't want to mess with the 5G functionality. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ok kindly get information about 12 release.... It's depend on TMobile.. have you any idea of releasing date??? If not then kindly ask tmo and provide information to us.. thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what answer were you given before that was marked as the answer?

Userlevel 3
Badge

They did not tell me a date. If anyone tells me a date I will post it.

Then contact them again and ask them expected date

That’s a good idea. I am however content to wait, believing that it is being developed, and also believing that they can’t tell me a date.

If you don’t want to wait, you can contact them.

From pakistan i tried many times, but can't make a call to them otherwise i ask myself expected date

Userlevel 2

The nice thing about getting 12 later than sooner is that when we finally get it, it will seem newer longer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

These are actions not covered under warranty, just so you're aware properly of the risk involved. @maan.mani  Flashing the device will also delete all your storage, and includes the risk of bricking your device, which if it happens T-mobile will not cover it. Even then, the ROM may not work as intended if not designed for your locale. Exercise caution!

All hardware for devices pre 9 models were the same regardless of region.  So all OnePlus 7T Pro McClaren editions are the same hardware.  The difference in the region is purely software outside of the radio firmware, which isn't flashable without extreme measures.  OnePlus devices are also incredibly hard to brick.  The MSM Tool is the best solution for soft bricking recovery and returning to 100% stock from custom ROM's but is also widely used as a conversion tool.  

Ultimately, if they choose to go the flash route to the global firmware.  It is their choice and their choice alone.  The walk-throughs do have disclaimers, many successful posts, questions and answers, and just about everything anyone would need to make the best decision for @BugPlusWont​​​​​​, you are quick to judge anything you know nothing about!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

OP as in OnePlus not OP as the original poster..wasnt sure if there was a mix up there.

12 is having one heck of a time with Oxygen if im remembering correctly which is what OP runs. main reason for OP running into so many issues with it. not that it hasnt wrecked havoc with just about every other OEM out there so far..most that know how have rolled back to 11 just so they have a functional phone again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Wait a minute…

I was right? You set an arbitrary deadline, and halfway through you’re already saying it’s not coming??? I’m like, washing my eyes out right now making sure I’m seeing this...

@syaoran admits defeat! 

“I am thinking that is it for the device.”

@tidbits I think this means you legally have to donate to charity this christmas, or you’re a scrouge. I, checked with my attorney, or something… 

Wanted to note the original problem with links again, here is the OnePlus 8T+ Scheduled to get Android 13, redirecting from the Android 12 link.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/software-updates/oneplus-8t-plus-update-to-android-12

Now here is the link for the same thing as it related to the “Hotdogg” variant of the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren Edition. Notice the link is the same, but the redirect is to the Galaxy Fold4

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/software-updates/oneplus-7t-pro-update-to-android-12

Now, this is the “Hotdogg” variant, and the only source of truth, since this variant is a T-Mobile exclusive, I wanted the correct page when I checked out from T-Mobile after buying the device.

Unfortunately, since many members of this community have received phones for free by T-Mobile, it was easier to defend the choice of not updating the phone. The issue is, ultimately, that T-Mobile was responsible, and even when drawing a line in the sand and saying the accountability begins here, it’s clear that @HeavenM ‘s prediction will not yield true, and the update will not arrive. At the risk of being a humbug, that stinks.

I have been vocal about this since removing the update page was likely a “canary in a coalmine” getting snuffed from someone on your team who wants better for customers. The more that time passes, that feeling rings true. The more time passes we see deadlines get set and crossed. Not that I’m needing an apology, I’m obviously insufferable, but the customers you let down definitely do deserve an apology. Given the device specs, it is completely reasonable to assume the customer would get 2 full OS Upgrades before the device was EoL by the vendor. Top shelf processor and 12gb of RAM but somehow my Surface Duo with 4GB of ram gets updates every single month. Your average customer has no recourse, so I am annoying because I bet those people are annoyed when they figure this all out.

Please, if you cannot reliably provide information about the update, inform your customers honestly. If the upgrade can’t be performed, please say so! Not being able to perform the upgrade is a possible outcome of the development phase, and that honesty would be appreciated given the current situation as comparison.

Last coal in the stocking for you is the formal page for updates does not list the OnePlus 7T 5G

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

That means if you’d like the most up-to-date information from T-Mobile, which is listed above, then there is no information currently available. Regardless of forum members feelings about that, it’s the user experience, and should be addressed. There used to be some information available, it was taken away, and now it’s clear why.

I’ve applied for a support position with T-Mobile but have yet to hear back. I am always focused on the customer and ready to provide support, especially with holiday cheer, if the team is hiring. Happy Holidays!

Userlevel 1

Thank y'all for the reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

With Android 15 already in beta 2 and the 7T Pro 5G now being End of Life for over a year now…  Factor in that T-Mobile does not sell the OPPO OnePlus 11 and the only stock for OnePlus devices is old stock.  Keep that hope alive but I doubt it is coming.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

with how bad 12 has been across the board with manufacturers i wouldnt be stomping around because i dont have it yet...

Userlevel 2
Badge

How long did it take to complete android 12 version for OnePlus 7t pro 5G?

The phone was stellar when I got it but it got worse after the last update/security patch. WiFi calls didn't work anymore couldn't hear incoming voice and if I did it was only other line speaks then I speak or I couldn't hear them at all if we both talked or someone interrupted. I finally went to the store and told them what was going on and they were gonna "check for updates" totally laughed and said good luck. I suggested maybe another sim card since that's the only other option that the update could have screwed with. Lo and behold it worked but then the T-Mobile person says "this isn't a 5g phone so you can't get 5g" 😑 what's the point of the T-Mobile 5g chip then🤷‍♀️ I wasn't gonna argue. There was a post on this lack of update but it was scrubbed by T-Mobile rather underhand of them but it's big corporate. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️