Question

Android 14 Update for Samsung Devices

• 19 October 2023
  • 39 replies

Badge

When will the Android 14 update be available for the Samsung galaxy devices?

39 replies

For instance I have Samsung A14 5G, Samsung has released Android 14 to these phones only in a few areas. The firmware version for this phone is A146BXXU2CWK9 with November security update. There is no reports yet of release to North America. The India version is available for download on samfw.com right now, 850 downloads so far.

Cheers

3Fees

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

For instance I have Samsung A14 5G, Samsung has released Android 14 to these phones only in a few areas. The firmware version for this phone is A146BXXU2CWK9 with November security update. There is no reports yet of release to North America. The India version is available for download on samfw.com right now, 850 downloads so far.

Cheers

3Fees

correct. pretty much all updates are pushed to Europe before it ever hits the U.S here.

For some probably a good thing, I read a post that someone had bought an Samsung S22 at first release for $2,000, installed the Android 14 update and it disabled the phone, since the phone was over 1yr old was told he had to pay $400 to get the phone back on track.

Cheers

3Fees

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

eh..mass majority of devices created are made in Vietnam, Korea etc..main reason why they get releases first..that plus more work goes into the U.S variants compared to what gets kicked out to other countries..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

My s23 Ultra got the official update a while ago.  We are on the third update since the official release of Android 14.

For my phone not quite yet even though its one of the top selling phones and widely held.

Cheers

3Fees

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

For my phone not quite yet even though its one of the top selling phones and widely held.

Cheers

3Fees

Top selling isn't always important when it comes to an update schedule.  It's usually the newest latest and greatest flagship and then work your way backwards.

Humm , Interesting.

Cheers

3Fees

Good question. I still haven't gotten the update. Yet those on xfinity mobile has, like do you realize how pathetic xfinity is? 

It's frustrating when updates are delayed. Discrepancies in rollout can be frustrating. Hopefully, your update arrives soon. Patience is key!

Android 14 upgrade is minor changes in the GUI to Android 13, that is all. As far as 5G technology any $100 phone matches any price phone with 5G in call and text sending and receiving  so long as the communication chip is FCC and FTC compliant. I know more about communication technology that you’d be comfortable with, lol.

The communication chip is hard wired on the chip and software changes can do nothing to make calls and texting better, period.

Here is a real world test for the so called Flagship phones from any maker. Take your phone that is connected to your router AC or AX or AXE and walk outside your abode till you get 75 to 100 yds away and look at the communication protocol are you still in wifi calling mode or 5G mode ? Mine is in wifi calling mode and after 100 yds or so switches to 5G mode, Credit to FCC, FTC, and MediaTek (Dimensity 700) and others if any.

Take the test and report back here with your results.

What I have seen in the real world tests is my last phone was 4G and I had to be outside my door before it switched from 4G LTE to wifi calling mode, now with my 5G phone I’m down the block quite a far distance away before my phone switches to 5G mode, 5G is definitely more powerful than 4G mode in sending and receiving broadcasts, period.

100% of the people including my self merely want a phone that is reliable to make and receive calls and less texts, that is what a mobile phone was designed for the rest is smoke and mirrors, lol.

T Mobile by the way is a German company with the main T Mobile control center at a University in Germany, that is the way it is, period.

The real reason why the more expensive phones get updates sooner is the companies selling these want to inspect the Code coming in before they allow transmission to their customers as they don’t want to be on the hook in case the code is bad and wrecks the phone and then have to deal with the customers, this especially true for the high volume phones they sell from any manufacturer, good for them looking out for us, we do appreciate it. Yes I have talked with the USA t mobile group leader that inspects the update code coming in and can stop it if bogus, good for them too, we do appreciate their efforts for us.

School is out, the 3Fees Zone is closed, period,

Happy and Safe Holidays to you and yours !

Cheers

3Fees

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Android 14 upgrade is minor changes in the GUI to Android 13, that is all. As far as 5G technology any $100 phone matches any price phone with 5G in call and text sending and receiving  so long as the communication chip is FCC and FTC compliant. I know more about communication technology that you’d be comfortable with, lol.

The communication chip is hard wired on the chip and software changes can do nothing to make calls and texting better, period.

Here is a real world test for the so called Flagship phones from any maker. Take your phone that is connected to your router AC or AX or AXE and walk outside your abode till you get 75 to 100 yds away and look at the communication protocol are you still in wifi calling mode or 5G mode ? Mine is in wifi calling mode and after 100 yds or so switches to 5G mode, Credit to FCC, FTC, and MediaTek (Dimensity 700) and others if any.

Take the test and report back here with your results.

What I have seen in the real world tests is my last phone was 4G and I had to be outside my door before it switched from 4G LTE to wifi calling mode, now with my 5G phone I’m down the block quite a far distance away before my phone switches to 5G mode, 5G is definitely more powerful than 4G mode in sending and receiving broadcasts, period.

100% of the people including my self merely want a phone that is reliable to make and receive calls and less texts, that is what a mobile phone was designed for the rest is smoke and mirrors, lol.

T Mobile by the way is a German company with the main T Mobile control center at a University in Germany, that is the way it is, period.

The real reason why the more expensive phones get updates sooner is the companies selling these want to inspect the Code coming in before they allow transmission to their customers as they don’t want to be on the hook in case the code is bad and wrecks the phone and then have to deal with the customers, this especially true for the high volume phones they sell from any manufacturer, good for them looking out for us, we do appreciate it. Yes I have talked with the USA t mobile group leader that inspects the update code coming in and can stop it if bogus, good for them too, we do appreciate their efforts for us.

School is out, the 3Fees Zone is closed, period,

Happy and Safe Holidays to you and yours !

Cheers

3Fees

You are way over thinking things.  For starters.  T-Mobile might share the name with the German company but it is completely independently owned and operated, which makes it a separate entity.  

The argument that a phone is a phone, is a phone doesn’t apply completely to smartphones.  Different components used, different CPU’s, different GPU’s, varying RAM and storage capacities, etc.  Think of updates like a business.  You take care of the newest customers that spend the most first.  Then, you work your way backwards for older devices and then there’s even the value devices in the mix, which are probably the most hit or miss for a schedule.  You pay $200 for a smartphone.  You are not getting monthly updates for your device for the next 6 years as an example.  If you want the newest updates the fastest.  Buy a Pixel or the latest and highest end flagship device from your favorite manufacturer.  

For some probably a good thing, I read a post that someone had bought an Samsung S22 at first release for $2,000, installed the Android 14 update and it disabled the phone, since the phone was over 1yr old was told he had to pay $400 to get the phone back on track.

Cheers

3Fees

That's a cautionary tale! Spending $2,000 on the latest Samsung S22, only to have an Android 14 update disable it, is unfortunate. The $400 fee for a one-year-old phone is an added blow. A reminder to approach software updates cautiously and stay informed.

There's only 8 betas for s23 ultra N.America from what I'm seeing legitimately everywhere and multiple people are providing proof that the release on other networks is out. Not for t mobile though.

There are only eight betas available for the S23 Ultra in North America, with evidence pointing to releases on other networks other than T-Mobile. The information shows differences in regional releases, which may cause users who are waiting for updates to get upset.Fm Whatsapp

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There's only 8 betas for s23 ultra N.America from what I'm seeing legitimately everywhere and multiple people are providing proof that the release on other networks is out. Not for t mobile though.

There are only eight betas available for the S23 Ultra in North America, with evidence pointing to releases on other networks other than T-Mobile. The information shows differences in regional releases, which may cause users who are waiting for updates to get upset.Fm Whatsapp

Nine, as I pointed out in another thread.  Android 14 has had 4 updates since release with another coming in a couple of weeks.  

As an official North American beta tester and the screenshot to prove it.  The EU and other regions only got eight but North America, all US versions (U and U1) had nine