Solved

android update

• 4 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

After installing an android update today, my phone app will close down a few seconds after I open it now. I had wife call me and I can answer and use it but if I open it to call, it shuts down before I do anything.

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 7 November 2022, 16:45

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

which phone? and which update was pushed to it? also what all have you done on your side to try and fix it so far?

Badge

It is a revvl 6 pro. I went into apps, phone and cleared the storage and cache. It will open for a little longer now but still shuts down.  The only other solution I have found, is to factory reset the phone. I haven’t done that yet. I am using another phone app that I downloaded from the google store and it seems to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

which phone app are you referring to? the dialer? and you did the cache/storage wipe for the calling app itself or the entire phone? personally after a update if im running into issues i start with  booting into safe mode to make sure an app i downloaded isnt affecting it..if it still happens then i move on to a cache wipe of the phone itself and then test..if that doesnt work its on to the factory reset.

google cache wipe for the REVVL 6 Pro..

Badge

it was the default phone app. I erased the cache/storage in the phone app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so could be a conflicting app creating the problem or the update itself didnt load correctly in some areas.

Badge

I have the same problem. See https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/134le42/tmobile_revvl_6_5g_boot_loop_and_comandroidphone/